It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God is willing and da creeks don't rise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

This has to be the most powerful and moving documentary I have ever watched. The absolute devastation that struck N'Orleans in 2005 now the massive devastation caused by the BP Oil Disaster it really calls into questioning, Why Louisiana?

In the film it talks about how the housing projects that were created under the Roosevelt Administration were destroyed after the storm. They were replaced with condominiums that are quite expensive. In one part of the film a family that was left N'Orleans and moved to Texas were talking about how they wanted to move back to their old neighborhood, the mom said she had her own 1 bedroom apartment for $380 per month. Now they are telling her to live in that neighborhood she will have to pay $800 per month in rent.

They replaced the HUD housing there with private housing projects from companies. N'Orleans it seems is now being used as a test dummy city for a new Corporate 21st century project where the poor are being forced out of their former cheap housing which is being replaced with expensive condominiums and town houses into very substandard housing or homelessness. It is also occurring in Haiti, except for Haiti it seems more like trying their project on an entire nation.

Also during the documentary they were showing how Mexican Immigrants were brought into the city by these housing corporations to build the homes, plant flowers, etc... which is taking good jobs away from young black natives. This way they can pay these people minimum wage or lower which is just more of a slap in the face the citizens of N'Orleans.

[edit on 9/4/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yeah it's totally fair that so many men women and BABIES have lost their lives and way of living because every single person in Louisiana goes to Marti Gras and you can catch them in the latest "Girls Gone Wild" videos.

Oh yeah, everyone down there is a sinner, especially those looting blacks, yeah, they deserve to die. They deserve to have Life sucking, Corporate Terrorists like Cheney and Bush PLAY 'God' and PLAN these 'natural' and 'accidental' disasters to "punish" these wicked VOODOO children and Devil worshippers.

Give me a freakin' break, take your religious Pat Buchanan kissing self elsewhere.

And DO DENY IGNORANCE on your way out Sir/Ma'am!

Have a peachy day!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

WHOA WHOA WHOA HOLD UP NOW!

That is not what I meant by that at all! The purpose of that part was that I what I would think if things tragic like that happened to my state. I wasn't saying anything about any of that being an excuse for what happened.

Did you not read the rest of my thread after that point? I was criticizing those corporate bastards for destroying N'Orleans and chasing out the natives.

I guess I should remove that part from the OP because I'm sure there will be more people who misinterpret it.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Uh I read this thread a while ago before you edited.

Frankly if anyone misinterprets what you said they were either on some powerful drugs or they're an idiot and should be disregarded.

new topics

top topics

join