It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Islam is world's greatest threat - Tony Blair

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I wish Blair would fade into history like a good mass murderer.
One reason he gave for radical Islam being the biggest threat was that their methods are "barbaric and inhumane."
Can you believe it?

Has he ever considered how the maimed and mutilated survivors of Iraq and Afghanistan view his bomb strikes on their villages?
Has he thought that those survivors having seen their family members blown into pieces may consider his own methods to be "barbaric and inhumane?"

He claimed the wars were to keep Britain safe,then we had 7/7.

And hes giving all his provits to thee royal british legion(UK veterans)-they should spend the money on a court case to allow the ol boys to have legal smoking inside their bars once again,like before Tony made it illegal..

I would love to see that.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Blair is being hypocritical - he himself is a puppet, happy to sell out his people and country the moment it's commanded of him.

Radical Islam may be a threat, but so are men like Blair.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
Islamic fundamentalism is currently far more dangerous and more widespread. When was the last time some christian/atheist/buddhist militant suicide-bombed a bus or marketplace?

It depends on your opinion.

If you consider that both Bush and Blair both implied that they went to war after ''consulting God'', and that both men claim to be Christian, then I guess you can chalk up several million deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan, to Christian fundamentalism.

Ever heard of any christian/atheist/buddhist honor killings?

No, but I've read about Hindu and Sikh honour killings.

Honour killings are largely cultural, not religious, otherwise they wouldn't just largely emanate from such a small cultural region ( parts of South Asia/Middle East ).

Originally posted by Maslo Are any christian/buddhist immigrants causing problems and violence in western europe

Yes. Look at all the problems that are caused by Eastern European immigrants ( largely Christian ), in Western Europe.

The problems that are caused by immigrants are mostly down to socio-economic factors, not religion.

Which religion treats women so bad as Islam?

In what way does Islam ''treat women badly'' ?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

If you consider that both Bush and Blair both implied that they went to war after ''consulting God'', and that both men claim to be Christian, then I guess you can chalk up several million deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan, to Christian fundamentalism.

I dont think those wars were caused by religious fundamentalism of the leaders. Their motivation for them was more likely greed (oil, natural resources) than religious zeal. That was just PR move for the fundi christian masses IMHO. Saudi Arabia is maybe even more islamic and they did not invade it, because there is no material gain in doing so.

No, but I've read about Hindu and Sikh honour killings. Honour killings are largely cultural, not religious, otherwise they wouldn't just largely emanate from such a small cultural region ( parts of South Asia/Middle East ).

In islamic societies, culture and religion are very deeply interrelated, you cant just separate them like that. And main motivation for honour killings in the middle east are societal laws based on fundamentalistic interpretation of religion, and most honor killings were commited by persons we would consider fundamentalists.

Yes. Look at all the problems that are caused by Eastern European immigrants ( largely Christian ), in Western Europe. The problems that are caused by immigrants are mostly down to socio-economic factors, not religion.

What problems are caused by christian/non-religious immigrants, if there even are any?
All I can think of is maybe gypsy communities, but you just cant compare even them with this

In what way does Islam ''treat women badly'' ?

Maybe I misworded that - which religions fundamentalists treat women as badly as islamic ones? Yes, we are talking about fundamentalists, not moderate muslims. Maybe only Hindu/Sikh ones are approaching it sometimes, but they are currently not as big threat as musim immigrants, because there is just not so many of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join