It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious Vehicle Shuts Down Park Ave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Suspicious Vehicle Shuts Down Park Ave

www.huffingtonpost.com

Police are investigating a suspicious vehicle in Midtown Manhattan, prompting the shutdown of Park Avenue between East 50th and East 57th streets. UPDATE: All clear.

The car in question is a black Mercedes thought to be near Park Avenue and East 51st Street, per FOX New York.

Fox 5 News reported that police removed a suitcase from the car. It also reported that a Koran was among the contents inside the car although police did not say that it had any relevance to the investigation. Police said was appeared to be blood in the front seat of the car turned out to be spilled fruit juic
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.myfoxny.com

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
So, around 5pm yesterday, I was browsing Huff Post (at least I'm aware of the bias, rite?
and came across an article detailing unfolding events on Park Ave in New York City. A suspicious car was reported and there were reports of an explosion in the area.

Not two hours later, the original article I read could not be found, yet numerous updates of the news report were all over the place. These updates told of the car being deemed safe by the police and the sound of the explosion was merely the police opening the car (I guess with a robot or something).

Because of the rapid shift in coverage of the event (mainly the media trying to downplay it to diffuse any public tension), I thought this would be a good fit for ATS.

I did think it was interesting that journalists actually reported a Koran and a suitcase being found in the car, as well as red liquid thought to be blood later determined to be 'fruit juice'. Though this smacks of a rumor, I'll let the ATS community have at it.

Check out the FoxNY link.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by insite

Oh my god !

You mean to say , that in midtown Manhattan , there were witnesses that reported what 'sounded' like an explosion , that turned out NOT to be an EXPLOSION , after all ?

Surely you jest !

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
They're just trying to make sure everyone keeps biting their nails.

"http://makkah.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/1101100830_400.jpg" border=0>

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

You got it!!!

Fear sells!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It's all just more CIVIL WAR activities. They declared WAR on the people a good while ago.

This is just one more pantomime in their PSYOPS, the timing is so obvious - suddenly theY instigate a wave of anti-Islam, then, lo and behold, reports of a suspicious car appear on MSM - THE WAR PROPAGANDA MACHINE.

Next, they will be blaming Iran!

Never forget, there is a CIVIL WAR going on in AMERICA. The evil shadow government and their puppets are AT WAR with the people.

It's imperative that people keep that perspective and REFUSE to be drawn into their tactics.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There's actually quite a few bomb scares in NYC every day, from what I understand, and most are just nothing and they actually keep them out of the news. I get the feeling this was probably no more and no less than many of these, but for some reason the news people decided to run with this one as a story - maybe because traffic was blocked up, which is always news in NYC. As soon as streets are getting cordoned off, reporters swoop in.

But bomb scares in this city are a dime a dozen, unfortunately. I was once on a train where someone found a suspicious package and reported it. The conductor just picked it up, walked over to the trash can on the platform and threw it away...we were all like, "oh crap, I'm glad that wasn't a bomb with a fuse set to go off when it's moved." That's NOT the normal procedure. I always thought that was a pretty stupid move by the conductor, not the least of which because I was standing only a couple feet away when he did it. It all happened before I could process what was going on, I had been reading a book and not paying attention until the guy had already picked up the package.

top topics

join