It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams are another thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I never understood why people think that they can interpret dreams like, if you dream you are losing teeths this thing will happen, or you feel this way...

Those kind of things are simply non sense...
I have read about a research made during Fall 2001 in a psychology school where a teacher made the guys describe their dreams just after 9/11 period.

She explained that if they dreamt a hurricane they were still feeling bad about 9/11 and if they were dreaming calm dreams they were already okay...

What non-sense.

If you dream a hurricane, you SAW a hurricane. Dreams are other reality. They are the only way we have to see other universes.

I never dreamt something, NEVER, that recalls my normal everyday life.
When I started university, I dreamt I was starting university in another city, the city where I decided to start again university THIS year.

I studied dreams for 4 years, with note books and all. My personal confirmation of my theory came out to be confirmed when I knew a person I dreamt before the meeting happened.

People explain this with " You create non existing people with your brain ". WRONG!
That person I dreamt exists! SHE EXISTS! Same dress, same hair color, same hair style, same language, same town where she lives, same hobbies.

And again, I dreamt a person and I discovered this other girl EXISTS TOO! Same hair color, hair style, same body, same birthday even!!!!

The other one, the third one I met after I dreamt about him was difficult to realize. Because I dreamt of him when he was 11- 13 and in reality he is still 3 years old, the brother of my new friend.
In the moment I saw the pictures I didn't realize, but after a while, I started to think and yes, I dreamt about him too, before to even know who he was.

In fact, I was calling him " the mysterious boy" appearing in my dreams.

So, please, take notice of every dream you can and start to search for your " friend who appears only in dreams " because he/she is possible to actually exist.

Also, I predicted lots of events in my life and my friends lives since I take note of my dreams.

Stay distant from people who try to explain your dreams. They tell you the false. They don't understand actually what dreams are.
Dreams interpetation is complete non sense.

YOUR experience has VALUE. Only that.

Try thinking: if people can discover other people that were supposedly created by their brains, in the reality, actually existing, than this means that dreams show other realities.
That is all you have to know.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I agree that there is more to just dream interpretation from a book. I keep track of my dreams esp the ones that have an affect on me...

I had this reoccurring dream all through my childhood and part of my of my early 20's that is until I found and talked to my dad. The dream I had would always involve a group of people but this one guy stood out with no face but he was taller than everyone. I remember being scared when I was younger but the older I got I felt it meant something and it involved finding my dad. After I found my dad and spoke to him I never had that dream again. IMO dreams can interpret things currently going on in your life. I have all kinds of dreams and I lucid/vivid dream a lot. I actually enjoy my dreams, they tell me a lot about my life and my situation.

I have had prophetic dreams, one of which really affected me. What I dreamt happened the next day and it really disturbed me to have a dream like that and then have it happen.

I also had a dream which really left me kind of shook up after I awoke. I never thought anything of it later on until I moved to where I am now and saw the structures and waterway in my dream literally in view from my balcony and it's one I cross every day on my way to work. I had this dream long before I ever came to this area. It was even more disturbing when I saw the uniforms the men had on in my dream online in a news article on new military gas masks. These are things I had never seen before so please explain that. How do I dream of an area I never saw before? It's really strange to me. Also I hope this dream never comes true.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I too have had dreams of a person I never knew and then ended up meeting them. I have also had prophetic dreams that have come true.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

By this year, I became used to know something about my future. I have so much information about my future that I miss that period of my life where all was a surprise...Because nothing surprises me anymore.

I'm aware of a troubling event that will happen in my life in the 2nd week of October 2010. It also involves another family.
I received two dates that would confirm me that the next event would actually be happening.

Both of those dates came out to be pivotal dates. That made my hair stand of my back all the time.
The event I'm going to be through would be dramatic and very hard to get over, but it would be preceeding a serene and quiet period in my life according to my dreams.

The other person involved of the other family this year started dreaming about events that happened to me...
She is starting to have premonitory dreams at my exact same age of when I started having them.

I don't actually know what I will do with this prediction. Some things about this event were told by me to some of my best friends, for confirmation after it happens.

The event was shown to me through recurring dreams since October 2009 but only days ago I came to the conclusion that I finally solved the mystery:
- The only thing that I can tell you is that it is very likely that the event won't be exactly like in the dream, although names such things could be exact...

You could have dreamt about your father but probably the event will happen to someone called like your father or such thing.

I took note of something like 67 dreams circa in 4 years, and I predicted the future in the 85% of dreams...

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Zagari]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I also heard that people with above average IQ are more likely to have premonitory dreams...
I have a IQ of 112 in English Language IQ tests. I'm not English, so English is not my first language.
But of course, I study English since I was 8...And now I'm 20.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I have to agree here. I've had dreams about people prior to actually meeting them in real life. Also, I've felt reality slip away from me right before waking up. It's like all my memories from there are draining out and being replaced with the ones from here. It's hard to explain but it leaves me thinking that I'm living more than one life at a time. Does that make any sense? I swear I'm not crazy.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Def Youth

If one thinks parallel universe do exist, yes, everybody , every single human is living different lives at once.
They can only see glimpses of them through dreams.

The " now " contains everything. Past, present and future all in one, all in the now.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have given some amatuer dream interpretations to people I barely know and they are always amazed at how accurately I can predict their current mood and home situations. Bear in mind, I only say hello and make small talk about the weather and music to these people. I don't even know their real names, yet I can say if they are in a dark place or not.

Current moods and situations are all I can predict for other people though. Only my own dreams have been prophetic and I have only known that after the fact. Not obscure prophetic either, but glaringly obvious.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I never really got the whole dream interpretation thing! some of it makes sense but a lot of it to me just doesn't fit!
I have plenty of nightmares! far too many to be honest! and the people I see in my dreams I have not ever seen at all in real life! even reccurring characters! I know the faces in my dreams when they are there but have never seen them in life! so am unsure about that one!

Interesting!

[edit on 5-9-2010 by valiant]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Zagari,

You do know that dreaming comes from the conscious mind, right??

I need not explain how images previously observed by the unconscious mind can surface at random making you become aware of things you did not know you saw.

Now if anybody can give me a detailed description of the world that exists in those 6 hours of sleep every night that we are not dreaming, that would be impressive!!!

Peace

PS: In my dreams I always fly!!

[edit on 5-9-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Braddah man, you just spoke directly to me.

My dreams last night were some of THE most intense dreams I have ever had. I was thinking about them all day today and how they are actual alternate realities. I mean these dreams were so vivid I remember thinking in the dream, that is is real.

Funny you talk about the teeth falling out. In my dream, I was at a college party at a dorm in a state on the mainland. I felt my teeth loosening, and then 2 popped out. I felt the pain and tasted the blood. I looked in the mirror, saw myself, and saw my two missing teeth. I remember thinking in the dream, "holy sh***!" I have to go to the dentist right away!"

Then I woke up. I have never appreciated my teeth more than I did this morning. I was so glad that they were all there.

I also had a couple other dreams last night. The craziest part is how in the dream, that moment is your reality.

I am astonished at the amount of emotion and feeling you can feel in dreams. It has convinced me that dreams are much more than most people think.

Thank you for this thread, I was literally just about to post a thread on dreams when I came across yours. Talk about synchronicity to the highest extent!

Aloha brother,

-SES

new topics

top topics

join