It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Start Bundling Up? 2011 Farmers' Almanac Winter Predictions Are In

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
www.aolnews.com...

Continuing a tradition almost as reliable as the winter season itself, the "Farmers' Almanac" revealed its annual long-term weather forecast Monday, this year predicting an overall "kinder and gentler" season for the contiguous United States.

For the eastern third of the country (New England down to Florida and as far west as the Mississippi River), forecasters predict "much colder-than-normal winter temperatures" -- but generally not as frigid as conditions felt last winter, which saw 49 states experience snowfall. New England in particular should be sure to bundle up, as forecasters predict a "cold slap in the face" compared with last year's uncharacteristically mild winter for the region.

Across the Western states (Pacific Coast to the Rockies), a "milder-than-normal" winter is expected. The Midwest and central states should expect about normal winter temperatures.

>Sorry for the long quote mods, I just did that so everyone can see what they can expect.<

I love this! I have had such a horrible summer in this scorching heat here in Florida, I am sick of it already. Let's get started with winter A.S.A.P.!

In my neck of the woods it should be colder than average so that's a good thing for me since I love the cold weather.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Thanks!

Enjoy your 'cold' weather in Florida (LOL)

I'm glad I moved a little farther west!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dogdish
Thanks!

Enjoy your 'cold' weather in Florida (LOL)

I'm glad I moved a little farther west!

Yeah it never really gets cold here in Northern Florida, but it's better than 90 with heat index of 110!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I am making a prediction right now. Mainly for the midwest. We are going to get nailed with snow this winter. More snow then last year and last year was a bad one. Colder temps also but the snow will just keep coming. Make sure you have at least a 3 month supply of food and water on hand.
And a fireplace or wood burning stove so when the power goes out you wont needlesly suffer.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Good I need a mild winter so I can finish a log home I am building.. How accurate has the farmers almanac been in the past?

top topics

join