It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, who won the war in Iraq? Iran.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

So, who won the war in Iraq? Iran.

www.globalpost.com

BEIRUT, Lebanon — In February 2003, as he marshaled the United States for war, President George W. Bush declared: “A new regime in Iraq would serve as a dramatic and inspiring example of freedom for other nations in the region.”

Now, as the U.S. military concludes its combat role — which President Barack Obama will formally announce from the Oval Office on Tuesday — Iraq is indeed a dramatic example for the Middle East, but not in the ways that Bush and his administration envisioned. Iraq did
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Iraqi soldiers attend a training session with U.S. troops on using U.S.-made M1A battle tanks at the military base of Basmayah, southeast of Baghdad, on Aug. 24, 2010.

Mohammad Bazzi of Global Post hit the nail on the head, reporting what the U.S. globalist corporate media refuse to report:

The revelational fact that Iran is benefiting from the American 'withdrawal' i.e. rearrangement of the chessmen should stir either fear in the globalist neocons or even simply provide them with their casus belli to launch an attack on Iran.

www.globalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Iran is benefiting? What a joke. If anything, they have found ways of benefiting from what in reality to them is a train wreck. Yes, an immediate enemy was uprooted with Saddam and his regime, but it was replaced with a FAR greater threat - the US and its proxy state Israel.

Airspoon wrote a fantastic article on why we're targeting Iran - and it's the same reason we went into Iraq. It's all about petrol dollars. Iran is now surrounded on all sides by hostile enemies. Educate yourself, read this thread!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

I dont agree.
the US gained the OIL
Israel gained nothing.
Iran gained Baghdad and its main cities.

I still say Iran won, because the US would be anhiliated in Iraq quite easily.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Son of Will

I dont agree.
the US gained the OIL
Israel gained nothing.
Iran gained Baghdad and its main cities.

I still say Iran won, because the US would be anhiliated in Iraq quite easily.

You're on the right track there, mate.

Tehran is remote-controlling Baghdad from behind the scenes through their Shiite proxies and subservients, as a cat's paws against the Sunni minority in Iraq, sort of a getback for Saddam's tyrannical rule.

Why do you think this revelation has been filtered from the U.S. corporate media?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Iran has won in the sense it is now the dominant player in the region . Providing the Iraqi governments lasts long enough it will be twenty five years before we know if Iraq has become a successful democracy or not . Post war Germany and Japan showed that it takes that length of time for a country to go from militarism to buying consumer goods . The generation being born now or who are young are the ones who could see Iraq come into a brighter future .

top topics

join