It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sometimes I feel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
what we know what we wish to know, we seek the truth in the dark hoping not to fall in a hole. do you ever wish that eveything that you know everything that you are skeptical about that you would just forget, we see horror everyday, the dangers that are on our doorstep all day long always on the brink of war, or a plauge, sometimes i wish i could just be ignorant like the rest sometimes the saying is true ignorant is bliss, its overwhelming at times the curse of knowing is knowing and realizing that nobody will listen or if they do they will lash out saying you are crazy, i guess that you have to be stong, stand when others dont, listen when others wont, fight when others flee. and sometimes one must wonder if we will ever be free.

this song really moved me

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 30-8-2010 by truth_of_truth]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by truth_of_truth

we are living our own auto-biographies.

your life is your own auto-biography. sure, others can help you proof read your auto-biography, but ultimately you are the editor.

peace,
et

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Dear truth_of_truth

95% will not thank you for telling them what they need to know.

They reach for the next green bottle go to McDonalds or watch the game it is all they can cope with.

Some play the remote, it is not their fault they have been programmed.

But it is really great when you can say I TOLD YOU SO.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by MAC269]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Well, at the end of the day, and you've really thought long and hard about the miseries of existence and the world, you still haven't really "found the truth" until you've learned to transcend it. Until you've reached a complete understanding of the absurdity of life, you can't become the laughing Buddha. You don't have to sit under a Bodhi Tree for years starving yourself in misery and fretting about existence. Buddha already did that.

Be the fat, happy, smiling Buddha. Tomorrow we all die. How ridiculous!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Life is what you make of it.
If all you see is doom and gloom guess what your life will suck. It is truly that simple. We still have the greatest gift of all and that is hope. No one can take that away from you.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I love that video. I always want to cry when I see the young GI missing a leg. However, instead of fretting about it and typing about it on the internet, why not do something to make a difference? People feel so lost, because they want to fix everything, even things that are happening thousands of miles away that they have no control over. Once people around the globe realize that simply helping a neighbor will make the greatest difference, the world will change. Visit a nursing home and just talk to an elderly person, usually they are the loneliest (and damned if they don't have the best stories!) Foster a child, volunteer at an animal shelter, cook at a soup kitchen, be a big brother or big sister to a child, mow your elderly neighbor's lawn, and for God's sake quit expecting things in return, and maybe we as humanity can right ourselves before this ship completely sinks.

top topics

join