It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Loop Current Stalls from BP Oil Disaster: Global Consequences if Current Fails to Reorganize

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I don't know how oil may affect the gulf stream, but if the stream does stop, temperatures in the UK and Iceland will decrease dramatically.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007

Originally posted by antar
I dont know about all the debunking and such, but have lived where the GulfStream does affect us. The currents are changing and the effects can be felt and experienced in our everyday lives, as for food shortages it is almost certain that has already begun.

food shortages huh? i dunno where you live but over in Kansas looks like they are going to have a record breaking corn harvest this year. And Kansas is just as much effected by the gulf stream as any other state.

[edit on 8/29/2010 by Mercenary2007]

I beg your pardon Mercenary but i feel duty bound to point out to you that there is an entire world beyond the borders of Kansas and the US as a whole.

In this world at this time there are a great many food shortages. and i don't mean the constant food shortages that the great continent of Africa continuosly experiences.

It would seem that it has escaped your attention, but there are large parts of Eurasia that ARE suffering food shortages. Thanks to the Russian drought and fires there is a MASSIVE reduction in their harvest. Thanks to the floods in Pakistan their is an UNPRECEDENTED destruction of the food supply. It doesn't end there either. Parts of Northern India are suffering as well as large parts of China.

These food shortages are going to cause millions of deaths in the poorer areas of the world as the richer nations spend more of their GDP securing what is left and prices rise above the third world's ability to buy.

Be grateful you live in a nation where your food supply is almost guaranteed and you can forget the existence of the world beyond your borders.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Already posted and debunked in another thread. This happens every year toward the end of summer when the surface temperatures are high. Just use that same source and look at some archived stuff from August 08 or August 07.

This isn't related to the oil spill.

Wow, how much more irresponsible could one be? Phage hasn't DEBUNKED #, and to say other wise is complete garbage.

The debilitation of the gulf stream is not a new or novel concept and has been a cause for concern for over a decade now.

Yes, the oil spill may not be the culprit, but as Mr. Debunker extraordinaire failed to point out, this is a real phenomenon that could have severe effects in the immediate future.

To claim that this is complete bunk is pure crap.

You do realize that Roland Emmerich's "The Day After Tomorrow" was based on a real scientific study.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

BP Oil Spill Stalls Gulf Loop Current

has been debunked.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

"You do realize that Roland Emmerich's "The Day After Tomorrow" was based on a real scientific study."

I'd be delighted if you could point me in the direction of some links that back up your above statement.

I could be wrong but it was my understanding that it was wannabe celebrity physicist Brian Cox who stretched current theories beyond breaking point to assist with the plotlines in 'The Day After Tomorrow'.

Yes a ceasing of the gulf stream would be disastrous for millions and could herald much more ice at lower latitudes, for much more of the year, but a flash freezing as depicted in the movie is ridiculous. If I am wrong please let me know because I've got some serious preparations to make.

But back on topic this stalling of the current in the gulf is apparently not unprecedented and as yet has failed to cause the gulf stream to fail.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

Here is the actual book that the movie was based on. There is an additional study that was done in 1998 that was also inspirational to the movie, but I cannot find the link. I will post it if I can find it.

The Coming Global Superstom

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The loop current regularly falls apart and reconstitutes. It has been discussed on ATS before...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

<< 1   >>

join