It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benjamin Netanyahu and the Peace Talks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
So we have these direct peace talks that are about to begin in Washington between Netanyahus Israel and the West Banks Abbas. I think it is important we try to understand who Netanyahu is before these talks start by looking at some of his taped performances, speeches on the Iranians, Gaza, the invasion of Iraq, the U.S. and the Oslo Accords.

In this video above from 2006 he consistantly repeats the falsehood that Iran are building nuclear weapons not just to threaten Israel but Europeans and even the U.S!

Remember the NIE stated in 2007

"We judge with high confidence that in fall 2003, Tehran halted its nuclear weapons program," reads a declassified version of the National Intelligence Estimate key findings.

blogs.abcnews.com...

On a side note from Beck 'I see prophecy'. What a joke.

In this video above from 2007 the at the time 'former' Israeli PM is on Hannity and Holmes. He continues these falshoods on the Hamas 'takeover' in Gaza and on the Iranian nuclear programme and on Ahmadinejads supposed wish to wip the 'Jews off the map'.

He even has the balls to say near the end of the interview that the 'speculation' (I do not remember Colin Powell presenting the evidence as speculation before the UN) about Iraq's weapons programme had proven to be wrong, when it was Israel and her supporters who were the main drumbeaters for the war!

These are Netanyahu's own words on the impending invasion of Iraq.

I do not mean to suggest that there are not legitimate questions about a potential operation against Iraq. Indeed, there are. But the question of whether removing Sadaam’s regime is itself legitimate is not one of them. Equally immaterial is the argument that America cannot oust Sadaam without prior approval of the international community.

This is a ruler who is rapidly expanding his arsenal of biological and chemical weapons. This is a dictator who has used these weapons of mass destruction against his subjects and his neighbors. And this is a tyrant who is feverishly tying to acquire nuclear weapons.

www.netanyahu.org...

On Iraq's weapons programme that does not sound like Netanyuhu believed this to be idle speculation to me.

And finally above we have had this candid camera posted on this site before, where Netanyahu states that he knows how to 'move America in the right direction'.

He also continues on, and most importantly in regard to these peace talks. to state that actually stopped the implementation of the Oslo peace accord by demanding that Israel decided what was deemed as a security region and therefore would not mean Israel would have to withdrawl from settlements in the West Bank as they could label the whole area as a security region.

A leader commited to a just peace with the Palestinians?

Netanyahu's words on these upcoming talks.

"I am convinced that if the Palestinian leadership takes the negotiations as seriously as we do, we can reach a stable agreement - not just a deal for a tactical ceasefire between wars," Netanyahu told ministers at the weekly cabinet meeting in Jerusalem.

"We can reach a peace based on stability for us and for our children and that is my goal,"

www.haaretz.com...

Do you trust him? Should the Palestinians? Should the Obama Administration?

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Anyone have any evidence or thougts suggesting the Netanyahu is indeed a leader committed to a just peace?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Netanyahu is a firm believer in peace. By that I mean putting his enemies "at peace".

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Mabye so.

But will his behaviour in the upcoming peace talks be just down to him?

Many of his defenders claim he is in a difficult position as those on the right of his coalition will never willingily give up the settlements in the West Bank and the division of Jerusalem as well as allowing the Palestinians to build a viable state.

I personally believe he holds much the same views.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I totally agree. There needs a couple of words added to the Knesset dictionary. "Compromise" and "Sorry". Until the Israeli gov't is willing to admit culpability and a willing to accept responsibility in this there can be no peace. The Knesset's stance right now is, "We're always right and don't give a # about you."

Just a question I've been thinking about lately. How far would it go for Palestinians if the Knesset just once said, "We're sorry"?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Its not words, such as the one that you suggest, that will count, it will be actions. I do not think Netanyahu or this current Israeli crop of politicians have it within them to offer what is needed for a just peace with the Palestinians.

A just peace is either a just Two state solution or a proper integration of the Palestinians within Israel therefore ending the status of Israel as a Jewish state.

Netanyahu and co, i feel, have no interest in either as it will lessen Zionist power in the country and region. Simple.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I have to disagree. Has Israel EVER admitted a wrong? If they did I think that would buy some currency with the Palestinians. And what does an admission cost? A little face? Hell, I'd get some respect for the Knesset if they went that far. I can't think less of them now.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

This is real easy for you to dis Israel what would you do if Canada started shooting missiles at you? You would be hiding under the bed or would you fight back? every time they make peace the bombs start falling on them again or some brain dead palestinian walks up with a bomb on his chest and kills innocent people out for lunch! The Israeli's sit down for peace talks and before they even start they say WELL IF THE PEACE TALKS FAIL IT WILL BE THE ISREALIES FAULT WTF? They get the blame for something that hasn't even happened yet, you people are fools and blind sheep if you think the talks wont fail they have failed already,cause the palestinians wont let them be successful from the start! What is it going to take for you to see they will never let there be peace cause they are born and bread to hate Israel ! what kind of madmen would put a bomb on a 17 year old kid and tell him go blow yourself up in a crowd of Israelis AN EVIL ONE THATS WHAT KIND!!!!!!!!1

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by slinger

Are you familiar with False Flag Operations?

False flag operations are covert operations which are designed to deceive the public in such a way that the operations appear as though they are being carried out by other entities. The name is derived from the military concept of flying false colors; that is, flying the flag of a country other than one's own.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's the "digital age", too damn much info and Israel is being call up for the past. This is not insult, do some research my friend. You'll be shocked at what you find.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Uncle Ben Netanyahu tries for peace but those Hamas wont even talk to him. Instead they just keep firing off rockets. And Iran keeps announcing to wipe out Israel. And the conspira-idiots keep saying they're the good guys.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seinfeld

OK, I'll play. How many UN Resolutions has Israel been able to circumvent with Uncle Sam and John Bull in their pocket? How much damage has that done? Now compare ALL Muslim nations against that.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by slinger

This is real easy for you to dis Israel what would you do if Canada started shooting missiles at you?

You are aware of the reason that missiles are shot at Israel? Because the Palestinian groups such as Hamas see Israel as an occupier since the 1967 six day war. A war Israel initiated.

You clearly do not have a good grasp of the history of peace talks between the sides if you think the Israelis are going into this with the real intention of acheiving a just peace with the Palestinians.

what kind of madmen would put a bomb on a 17 year old kid and tell him go blow yourself up in a crowd of Israelis

For one thing you refer to Hamas, who are not even represented in the talks and the future of Gaza will not be discussed.

The negotiations are between the PA, which is Fatah, under Mahmood Abbas who 'control' parts of the West Bank and the Israeli leadership.

What is it going to take for you to see they will never let there be peace cause they are born and bread to hate Israel

You do not have a clue what you are talking about.

every time they make peace the bombs start falling on them again or some brain dead palestinian walks up with a bomb on his chest and kills innocent people out for lunch

There has not been a suicide attack on Israel since 2005. And there is little difference in a suicide attack and an attack from an F-16 or Helicopter using White phosphorous. They both destroy and maim innocent people.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by slinger

This is real easy for you to dis Israel what would you do if Canada started shooting missiles at you?

You are aware of the reason that missiles are shot at Israel? Because the Palestinian groups such as Hamas see Israel as an occupier since the 1967 six day war. A war Israel initiated.

You clearly do not have a good grasp of the history of peace talks between the sides if you think the Israelis are going into this with the real intention of acheiving a just peace with the Palestinians.

what kind of madmen would put a bomb on a 17 year old kid and tell him go blow yourself up in a crowd of Israelis

For one thing you refer to Hamas, who are not even represented in the talks and the future of Gaza will not be discussed.

The negotiations are between the PA, which is Fatah, under Mahmood Abbas who 'control' parts of the West Bank and the Israeli leadership.

What is it going to take for you to see they will never let there be peace cause they are born and bread to hate Israel

You do not have a clue what you are talking about.

every time they make peace the bombs start falling on them again or some brain dead palestinian walks up with a bomb on his chest and kills innocent people out for lunch

There has not been a suicide attack on Israel since 2005. And there is little difference in a suicide attack and an attack from an F-16 or Helicopter using White phosphorous. They both destroy and maim innocent people.

When you start a war and lose you know you may lose land! they have seen Israel as the enemy from the start this did not start in the sixties that is where you are miss informed! one six day war does not make a complete history! None since 2005 could that be when they locked down entry YES IT IS! And yes there is a difference the F-16 fly after they have been attacked ! or know of one they can stop! They have give in and yet small steps is never good enough! And I don't care what you call them they all are the same even Iran towards Israel and just what did Israel do to them blow up there stuff when they threatened to kill them with that stuff,you make statements like Iran and hezbollah,hamas,Fatah how do you ever expect Israel to not be willing to blow your face off the map it's called survival ! throw rocks at a dog long enough and sooner or later he's going to bite your head off if he can!!!! Israel did not start the six day war I was A young man and watched the whole thing unfold just cause they moved the first tank don't mean they started the battle!!! Did you see it ? where you in the world at the time? I was! And I have seen them get attacked many times since! they will never let it settle down for a friendship and trust to build ever! I know Israel has made mistakes but nothing like what they have dealt with! And don't forget about egypt

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by slinger

Ok so because you were alive and i wasn't your able to have a clearer view on a world event you had nothing to do with? Well it would seem with the coming to light of new evidence and your clear ideological support of Israel i would seem the better candidate on the subject.

General Yitzhak Rabin, Chief of Staff, Israeli Defence Forces and future Israeli PM.

"I do not believe that Nasser wanted war. The two divisions which he sent into Sinai on May 14 would not have been enough to unleash an offensive against Israel. He knew it and we knew it." (Le Monde, February 28, 1968 )

Menachem Begin, Minister without Portfoli: and future Israeli PM.

"In June 1967, we again had a choice. The Egyptian Army concentrations in the Sinai approaches do not prove that Nasser was really about to attack us. We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him." (New York Times, August 21, 1982)

Moshe Dayan, The Defense Minister in 1967:

Dayan who gave the order to conquer the Golan Heights, said, many of the firefights with the Syrians were deliberately provoked by Israel, and that the kibbutz residents who pressed the Government to take the Golan Heights did so less for security than for the farmland. Dayan stated

"They didn't even try to hide their greed for the land... We would send a tractor to plow some area where it wasn't possible to do anything, in the demilitarized area, and knew in advance that the Syrians would start to shoot. If they didn't shoot, we would tell the tractor to advance further, until in the end the Syrians would get annoyed and shoot. And then we would use artillery and later the air force also, and that's how it was... The Syrians, on the fourth day of the war, were not a threat to us." (The New York Times, May 11, 1997)

This is direct from the Horses mouth from some of the most influential Israeli figures. It was a war of colonialist expansion.

Shame the Palestinians cannot put up a wall against the F-16's. Rocks yes thats exactly what the majority of Palestinians use to vent their frustrations at the occupation and are then shot at or hauled off to prison without charge.

Israel made mistakes? Never surely? They are not mistakes in their governments or a large proportion of their populations eyes. They are a deliberate effort to break the Palestinian people.

These peace talks, if anything, will lead to another Israeli attack on the Palestinians as they will revolt over either a fudged deal which leaves them with little or the breaking down of talks because of Israeli construction in the West Bank. What a perfect opportunity another Palestinian uprising will give to the IDF/IAF to show that they are the most moral army in the world.

The Palestinians are the victim here, not the Israelis.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Being there means I seen it not read propaganda,and lies!
4 people murdered in the west bank today! yep they want peace real bad don't they!!! And this is what Israel has dealt with, they try and still you kill their people, one of the lady's killed was a 25 year old pregnant woman
And yes I hope they hunt them down! But they will be hiding in a school or some house with innocent children when they are found,and Israel will be told just them in there,and when they kill the murderers they will have killed children that where placed there by the murderers,just so Israel will look bad! that is how they work! I'm am done with this post now It is clear you will think it was just fine for a pregnant woman to be murdered by cowards!!!!!!!! At the very least you will find an excuse for murdering a pregnant woman and 3 other people just out for a walk! By the way how many have Israel killed this week?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by slinger

And one more thing the greed for land as you call it, Is really MAKING A SAFTY ZONE SO THE MURDERERS ARE FARTHER AWAY. TAKE MORE IF THATS WHAT IT TAKES TO KEEP YOUR SELF SAFE ISRAEL!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by slinger

I think you will find that was the armed brigade of Hamas who carried out the attack today. They do not represent all the Palestinians. I know a few Palestinians from Gaza who hate Hamas. They were originally voted in out of frustration over the corruption of Fatah and their failure to bring about a just peace with the Israelis.

The upcoming peace talks are between the PA in the West Bank and the Israeli administration. Hamas are not involved.

I see you cannot see past the generalisations portrayed of the Palestinians in the media, the Israeli one's in particular. You are from Israel? How can you expect anyone to support Israel when it's population seem to be as brainwashed as you appear to be?

Why would i find an excuse for these murders? There isn't one, but there is a reason. But you seem to be able to find an excuse for most Israeli crimes.

Israel is the occupier the Palestinans are the occupied. It's not and never has been the other way round.

new topics

top topics

join