It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress may sneak through Internet ‘kill switch’ in defense bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I just found this story that could mean the end of the internet in one swoop if its added to a Defence Bill which is due to be passed without a problem,its seems the internet has got to big for its boots and the powers that be have a kll switch in mind.This such a joke!! I dont know why im suprised with these developments really because there has being talk of this for sometime.
this would be the only way they could stop a terrorist attack,yeah right utter crap
anyways guys here is the story my friends!! Fingers crossed this is one that doesnt happen!!

A federal cybersecurity bill that critics say creates a presidential “kill switch” for the Internet could be added on to a defense spending bill and passed without much debate, technology news sources report.

Sen. Thomas Carper (D-DE), one of the sponsors of the Protecting Cyberspace as a National Asset Act, told GovInfoSecurity.com that the Senate is considering attaching the bill as a rider to a defense authorization bill likely to pass through Congress before the mid-term elections.[ex/]
the raw story website
andaftermath news

this can not be let happen America!!!

[edit on 15/8/2010 by johnny c]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
seems like the current administration and senate just seems to constantly try and "sneak" these types of things in with all their bills...probably cause they know it would never pass unless they didn't tip-toe it past the general population. It's pretty angering to know that we live under such a "sneaky" government.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Hey here4awhile,its shocking what they get through, with their late night
congress meetings just to push bills while the media are at home sleeping
,Also providing 2000 pages of writen on the subject with people having a day or two to reveiw after long hours already at work!
Yeap that sorts the kill joys out good and proper!!

thanks for the reply

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I cant believe no one really looked at this

top topics

join