It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP's Deep Secrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

BP and the government say the spill is fast disappearing—but dramatic new science reveals that its worst effects may be yet to come.

FROM THE OUTSET, BP has fought to control every aspect of its uncontrollable catastrophe other than the spill itself. It has wildly spun the numbers on the quantity of hemorrhaging oil. It has continued to dispense Corexit—above and below water—when ordered to stop. It has restricted press access with Kafkaesque flair. Unable or unwilling to skim much oil, BP has poured its energies into skimming up all available resources: renting virtually every hotel room on the Louisiana shores, helping to keep the press at bay; buying the silence of scientists with lucrative pay and confidentiality clauses; chartering nearly every boat on the coast and employing virtually every fisherman and captain made jobless by the spill. I find clusters of these men in the marshes and out in the Gulf, their boats tethered together so they can watch movies on the biggest boat's DVD player.

"Oil is toxic to most life. And Corexit is toxic to most life. But the most toxic of all is oil that's been treated with Corexit."

As best we know, the dolphins of Barataria Bay comprise a closed population whose members rarely if ever leave the bay. In theory, they could now exit, but in all likelihood they're trapped here by multiple barriers: by oily waters, by seasonal tradition, by cultural habit, by territorial boundaries, and by the availability of food—including fish and other marine life that may be trying to escape the oil by swimming inshore. At the moment, the dolphins are feeding as best they can in home waters that will likely kill them.

"The dolphins aspirate oily fumes through their blowholes," he says. "They're eating fish exposed to oil. They're getting oil in all their orifices. They're bathed in a continual soup of oil. There's nowhere to go to get away from it. We know from the Exxon Valdez that even those animals not killed outright suffer lesions in their organs, including the brain. They go blind. They experience reproductive failures, changes in their blood chemistry, and possibly multigenerational changes passed down to offspring never even exposed to the oil."

I urge you to read this article slated for the September- October issue of Mother Jones, what an insightful and accurate portrait of this entire coverup as it aptly titled.

Ah, the Dolphins, this has been one of my main heart breakers since the begining, but now I discover that many of the deepsea creatures I never even knew of are also as precious to life and the balance as those we all know and love. Many are going to be if not already lost forever, lost before we even had the chance to celebrate their discovery.

I hope to create a thread or to see one of you, that brings to light many of these amazing creatures of the Gulf deep sea.

motherjones.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Great Job Antar........Keep the info in front of those who have turned there head......

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Portions of the Gulf are So Toxic that Dolphins, Fish, Crabs, Stingrays and Other Animals are "Trying to Crawl Out of the Water"

On Friday, Inter Press Service reported:

Danny Ross, a commercial fisherman from Biloxi… said he has watched horseshoe crabs trying to crawl out of the water, and other marine life like stingrays and flounder trying to escape the water as well. He believes this is because the water is hypoxic. …

www.washingtonsblog.com...

[edit on 25-8-2010 by antar]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

yep..all true.. i posted this thread a while ago...

so i believe it is still happening to this day..

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Everyone needs to read this thread at least once. It is really sad when water creatures are trying to escape the water. This country really needs some prayers now. When I think of those poor animals , it makes my blood boil!

join