It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Paperclip-Nazis of Boston remembered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Found this interesting article based on the memoirs of a veteran who ran a camp in which Paperclip Nazis were hidden after the second world war.

www.wbur.org...

Henry Kolm had an interesting job as a 21-year-old.

He smuggled Nazi scientists into Boston Harbor.

A very interesting piece because testimonies of this kind are very rare. History buffs will know that such installations weren't really talked about, even up to today, 70 years later. Like with Fort Hunt, another Paperclip-Nazi station, where NO ONE ever said anything so that all we know is that is existed, but not who ran it or who was kept there.

“We had a mess hall and the Germans gave each other lectures,” Kolm remembered. “They called this place where they stayed ‘the Haus der Deutschen Wissenschaft,’ the House of German Science.”

If it weren’t such a secret, they could have put up a marquee and called it “Wernher von Braun’s House of German Science.”

Kolm’s assignment was to repackage von Braun and his fellow engineers and scientists as Americans.

Probably he talks about it today because these are the "good" Nazis - those that eventually were made Americans and helped build the space program. Those Nazis who brought us MK or who managed to bring communist spies from within their circles to America still remain something of a mistery.

Mod Edit: Replaced quote tags with external text tags.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2010/8/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Probably he talks about it today because these are the "good" Nazis - those that eventually were made Americans and helped build the space program. Those Nazis who brought us MK or who managed to bring communist spies from within their circles to America still remain something of a mistery.

I think you have to take a lot of this kind of thing in context of the times as they were. The years immediately following WW2 were as tense as any during the same, with the US and USSR now locked in a struggle to oversee Europe's reconstruction, as well as trying to keep the atomic genie in the lamp.

The US was not about to let those German scientists, good, bad or otherwise, slip into the hands of Stalinist Russia. And again, taking this in context for that period, it was probably the wise thing to do.

Of course, it is far easier to stand from the high ground of contemporary understanding today and cast judgment on it all.

Like, 'Oh my gawd, why did we treat these nazis like they were our friends?'

But in retrospect, America secured the better part of what was then cutting edge science by bringing those German scientists into the fold. And despite as bad as it is sometimes, had this not been handled as it was, we might find ourselves today living in a far worse conditions.

Best

Edit: Typos

[edit on 25-8-2010 by redoubt]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Interesting post
Just goes to show what scientists will do when the government or the corporations control their funding...which indicates that there is a problem with the morality of the system...The Americans also kept the scientists the Germans used to control and manipulate the German people too...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This might be the reason why the nazi movement still exists in some secluded and secret parts of north america right now .

There is also some information on the interwebs right now, that some secret societies are still continuing the movement and trying to get into politics everywhere.

Massonery would be the first place to look. So would the Denver nationnal airport so to speak. The runways do look a bit like a swatsika .... And the signs of the American Nation becoming a conquerer is very very prominent in global politics.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by KpxMarMoTT]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I'm not naive when it comes to this subject; I believe the ALSOS, OVERLOAD, and PAPERCLIP projects were among the most successfull things the American secret services ever accomplished. Getting a hold of von Braun and Dornberger et al. surely was a huge scoop for the Americans, and in the context of the cold war it was absolutely justified and the smart thing to do - as far as the space program goes anyway.

But when it comes to the famous supposedly german "K" in MKUltra or when one believes that the inspiration for the illegal radiation experiments were Nazi-inspired then that's crossing a line that I'm not willing to condone. The same thing applies to the study of Dr. Rascher's research in the concentration camps or Dr. Strugholds contributions to American medical aviation science. We should have drawn the line there - scooping up technocrats in order to regain the lead in the space race is one thing - shamelessly re-employing sadistic torturers who never recanted on their Nazi believes is something totally different.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Actually I have something very interesting to add. This site right here :

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

It explains pretty much how the rockefeller familly, (that is currently based in america right now) has been backing Hitler.

And curious enough the rockefeller familly, and oil industry is probably backing the war on terrorism. This goes back to every major event in human history. Always the same few famillies that own everything trying to pit everyone against each other. Be it by religion, by fear of attacks, or by self pride...

Be very scared of what is going to happen. Thats their message, not mine.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
More on Henry Kolm, who I just found out was a member of the famous "Ritchie Boys" in this follow up article from the same source

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I disagree. Bringing Nazi scientists, as well as evil men like Gehlen and Barbie into the fold showed the world that America was willing to work with anyone to get ahead. Accepting and sheltering such vile criminals (including von Braun) validated what they did in Germany and throughout Europe. And their ideology never died; it is alive and well today.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by KpxMarMoTT

Hey I've spent some time reading through your link today and I have to say - sorry for that - the contents of said links are among the most idiotic and inaccurate things I ever read. While there is a kernel of truth to some claims most of what is written there is simply fantasy and has no basis in sources or document or eyewitnesses - just pure conjecture. Although some stuff is based on real occurences just totally distorted and exaggerated...

Anyways.. Thanks for the link.. I always like to read new things.

top topics

join