It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Face Of Egg Recall, FDA Calls For More Authority

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Commissioner Margaret Hamburg said the Food and Drug Administration is limited by law to a mostly reactive stance on food safety and argued that it needs a more "preventive approach." she said Congress should pass pending legislation that would expand the FDA's reach.

Source: NPR

I wanted to post this story to outline a Conspiracy Theory I have had stewing in my brain for a few days now. I think most here are aware of S. 510: FDA Food Safety Modernization Act . I am thinking what we have here will be a text book use of Problem, Reaction, Solution.

First we have the problem of only moderate support for S. 510.

We need the get the People to call for "Change" Reaction Public outcry over tainted eegs.

Solution overwhelming support for S. 510.

No keep in mind this is only a theory but it may come to pass. After S. 510 regulates all farms and Gardens. ( if it passes )

Next we have this thread I posted that got next to no intrest.

EPA Sets Foundation For Unprecedented Dust Regulation

Lastly what about Codex Alimentarius ?

The Codex Alimentarius (Latin, meaning Food Law or Code) is the result of the Commission's work: a collection of internationally adopted food standards, guidelines, codes of practice and other recommendations.

It was suppose to go into effect here in the US on December 31, 2009.

So what happen? lack of support?

So to wrap up my Conspiracy Theory in a nut shell:

Our Goverment will use what ever tactic in its tool box to control the food supply and thus its people.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

join