It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman filmed dumping cat in wheelie bin in Coventry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Woman filmed dumping cat in wheelie bin in Coventry

www.bbc.co.uk

Footage; Woman filmed dumping cat in wheelie bin in Coventry.

The woman is seen throwing the cat in the wheelie bin before walking away

The RSPCA has said it will be speaking to a woman caught on CCTV dumping a cat into a wheelie bin in Coventry.

Lola, a four-year-old tabby, was discovered 15 hours later by owner Darryl Mann after he heard her cries.

He then checked his security cameras and saw footage of the woman first stroking Lola and then grabbing her by the neck and throwing her in the bin.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thesun.co.uk
www.thefirstpost.co.uk[ /url]
[url=http://www.modernmom.com/hottopic/2010/aug/24/woman-dumps-cat-in-trash-bin-caught-on-camera/]www.modernmom.com

www.iol.co.za

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Sed Non Credo]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when seeing this article along with the footage, nobody seems to know [from the sources I've seen] what motivated this 'lady' to literally dump the cat.

She isn't a neighbour, and apparently has no reason to have any grievances with the animals owner/s or isn't even a youngster playing some sort of stupid game. Perhaps she was having a bad day, the cat looked at her the wrong way or just mistakenly thought it'd be seen as funny by the owners?

I don't know what to make of the story and thought it'd be interesting to hear the views of you ladies and gents on ATS. Hmm, laugh or cry?

She certainly didn't get a pleasant review from my girlfriend when she saw this video.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Sed Non Credo]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Strange that she stoked the cat before dumping it - maybe in her mind she thought the kitty would be safer there than on the street. Good to hear kitty was rescued and okay. I love cats!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You tube video of it

She is currently the most hated woman around and is under police protection for fear of her safety. Her real name is Mary Bell and she is a banker.

Edited:=

Oh! and the cat name is Lolo

My views will be censored if I'd really tell them. More moderately it'll just suffice to say that I'd like to put her in a trashbin for 15 hrs

Edited again:=
Oh and there is a Facebook page with 5000+ ppl in protest of this. Many groups are trying to track her down as we speak.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Prince Of Darkness]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I wanted to find something in the woman to pity but that she looks around first to make sure she doesn't get caught tells me all I need to know.

On the other hand, is this just another overblown bit of propaganda to make us snuggle up to nanny cameras on every street corner? To save the children? To save the animals?

I mean what's with the 15 hour wait? If those camera's are being monitored what took so long?

And no, not that she'd an actress or anything, but... With NO motivation to dump Puss Puss in the bin?

Something here is just all around wrong.

peace

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
She is doomed now lol... They printed the story in the Sun news paper and now their are death threats!! Some bunch of chavs will use this as an excuse to torment the living daylights out of that lady, she will probably be shouted at in the streets. I love this country! - Wonder what was going through her head though? That could be an indicator of an actual psychopath, not the Hollywood type tho, the every day sort we all live amongst but rarely notice.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prince Of Darkness
You tube video of it

She is currently the most hated woman around and is under police protection for fear of her safety. Her real name is Mary Bell and she is a banker.

Edited:=

Oh! and the cat name is Lolo

My views will be censored if I'd really tell them. More moderately it'll just suffice to say that I'd like to put her in a trashbin for 15 hrs

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Prince Of Darkness]

The name Mary Bell sounded familiar so i did a google.

Mary Bell - child serial killer

When she was 10, Mary Bell strangled a four year old boy named Martin Brown. When she was 11, she, along with a 13 year old friend, killed another boy, a three year old named Brian Howe. They strangled him, and Mary carved an “M” into his stomach, cut off his hair, and mutilated his genitals.
She was convicted shortly afterward and served 12 years in prison. Eventually she was released and granted permission to start life under a new name. She blamed her behavior on extensive sexual abuse by her mother.
She is currently 52 years old, has a daughter and a grandchild, and lives in England.

“Brian Howe had no mother, so he wont be missed.” - Mary Bell

ohmissmiu.tumblr.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well as far as animal cruelty goes this is pretty tame. It's still cruel, and I hope she gets a severe penalty, at least to deter this type of abhorrent behavior. I'll never understand what drives people to inflict pain on another living creature, it's psychotic.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Having taken on the thankless and impossible job of pleasing an overly finicky stray cat that muses about what it would like to eat 8 times between midnight and dawn, I think we need to also examine what this cat may have done to this poor little old banker!

Was she just depositing the cat for safe keeping?

Was she afraid it was pregnant and attempting to put a litter in it's place?

Or could the cat have had one of those Men in Black Orion Belt Collars on that caused our entire planet's future to be held in jeapordy while evil aliens determined to stop at nothing hunted everywhere but the trash bin.

Waterboard the lady and the cat!

That's what I say.

Inquiring minds want to know!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
That could be an indicator of an actual psychopath, not the Hollywood type tho, the every day sort we all live amongst but rarely notice.

Not so sure

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I hate to speculate on what was going on in her head as she did that. She is callousness personified!

I despair of human nature and i also worry that in the event of a 'SHTF' situation, where society is reverted back to the stone age, who would be around to police these people?

[edit on Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:25:29 -0500 by Silver Star]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
She'll end up in a wheelie bin.... Fingers crossed.

Stupid cow. I bet she's kicking herself for being so cruel and dumb and will hopefully become a recluse and rid the streets of herself.

BTW...I don't think she actually got police protection as reported by most of the british press but was being supervised by the crime prevention squad instead and is due to be interviewed by the RSPCA (Royal Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Animals).

I think enough is known about her now that this can't end here...we'll see.

Just another trodden down human who thinks it's OK to take their problems out on a helpless little animal. Shame it didn't have the chance to swing those claws eh?

Originally posted by veryinteresting
The name Mary Bell sounded familiar so i did a google.

Mary Bell - child serial killer......

If "Mary Bell" that you googled was a murderer as a child and changed her name after a 12 year stretch....how can it be the same person? How many "Mary Bell's" are there anyway? Common sense is free.

[edit on 24/8/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Seriously, what could a cat possibly have ever done to that woman in the past to make her do such a completely insensitive act? If I were there and happened to see her do it, I don't even know. I cannot possibly fathom the words I would say to her, the tone I would have, the raw emotions I would be feeling.

If that were my cat, everything I would have felt would have been multiplied tenfold.

She deserves to be slapped in the face by an angry mob of untamed, street cats. Maybe the cat mafia will rub her out and dump her in a trash bin.

Here's hoping.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Why would you laugh at this? Animal cruelty is NOT funny in any way. If someone threw my dog in a trash can which it were stuck in for 15 hours I'd want to kill them.

Animals aren't toys that humans can do anything they want to. The fact that you find this funny is just flat out weird.

The cat was stuck without water, it could have overheated and died.

top topics

join