It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1968 Latvian UFO video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Allegedly, this a recording of a UFO from 1968. It was sighted by the pilot and recorded while the USSR was making a propaganda film. Supposedly, the film was confiscated, declared secret and withheld from public view by the Kremlin.

Searching, I didnt find no information on why it was released or is availbale now. Was military technology this advanced in the late '60s? Or maybe, it is the real deal and extraterrestrial in nature.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I find the triangle shape quite intriguing as this is 42 years ago, and if I recall, most sitings were of a saucer or cigar shape back then.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the embed TW…for whatever reason it never embeds right for me. Anyways, like you said the majority of sightings from that era are non-triangular. Due to it being a triangle type, I can’t help but wonder if it was a possible early variation of the B-2. Being as this was around the cold war era, and the fact we were trying to gather aerial surveillance on Russia. It makes me open to the idea this was just that – aerial reconnaissance….. like the Francis Gary Powers incident in 1960. Except minus the crash.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure this was debunked as a tetrahedral research balloon, like this one:

Tetrahedral Balloon

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

well, its a possible explanation. I'm not proposing thats not what it is but this thing was spotted appr ximately 7 miles in the atmosphere. How they deduced it was that high - i dont know. But anyways, what would the stability factor be for a kite/balloon that high? Not too mention, if it was spotted off the ground - how big of a balloon/kite would it need to be?

Too bad the people recording/spotting it didnt mention if it was moving erratically or any other characteristics of what was taking place.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Looks like a balloon to me. The only question for me is why was it ever classified if it's just a balloon?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I love the Russian archives! I think we'll find more there than anything the west has.
If this was a balloon, I'm not sure how it could disappear so quickly from sight, but it is a possible explanation. Cheers Z

top topics

join