It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom you can pay for....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
You guys were probably already aware of this but it was news to me.

Chinese Paving the Road to Freedom With Cash

Unsolicited text messages from immigration firms have become a standard feature of life for Beijing’s upper-middle classes.
Zero-risk emigration to America: Invest in an Idaho gold mine. For the first time in Beijing the governor himself will explain how, officially,” ran one, supplying a time and date for the meeting. “Emigrate to Australia for $200,000, 95 percent success rate, free education, generous welfare,” ran another.

So first you outsource your country almost to death by moving your production into "cheap" China and in return they set up shop here...

I wonder if they will import their own workforce or if they will hire local workers...

a job right now in the US, even with a Korean company, is better than no job at all

What do you guys think....???

Peace

[edit on 24-8-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

What do you guys think....???

Apparently not much....

Here's an article about the receiving end of this story..

Ch inese investments in an Idaho gold mine just one way the state hopes to revive its economy

So China is going to be digging for gold in the U.S.........

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Immigration via a large investment into the United States is available to anyone, not just the Chinese. The Chinese didn't make this law, America did.

Sports stars, actors, rich investors all welcome....to the land of the free.

I don't know what reaction you're looking for really. As someone who spent a lot of money trying to stay in the US ( by fixing my illegal staus) and failing due to lack of funds and eventually will, I don't have much sympathy.

Thing is, America gets what it asks for...and then often regrets it.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

available to anyone

Anyone with enough money!! (That little stipulation makes all the difference.)

What I am trying to get at is that those "investors" are not really concerned about what they invest in. (look at Gov. Butch Otter's scam) It is simply the fee they pay to get into the U.S.

Along the line there are numerous people making really good money out of this "business opportunity"..

Apparently business in China is booming because "The Hurun Rich List, based in Shanghai, says there are now 875,000 known dollar millionaires in China, an increase of 6.1 percent from a year ago."

All while "Better education for the children; a pollution-free environment; better medical care; a safer food supply; bigger and cheaper housing" are the motivation for moving to the U.S.

How did these millionaires become millionaires??

I mean, they are not part of the problem they are trying to escape, are they??

That's all.....

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
You know what a good investment is??

baby care centers!!

connecting the expectant mothers with one of three Chinese-owned "baby care centers" in California. For the $14,750 basic fee, Zhou and Chao will arrange for a three-month stay in a center -- two months before the birth and a month after.

For many pregnant Chinese, a U.S. passport for baby remains a powerful lure

Like I said, some people are making really good money out of this and I am questioning the ethics behind all this...

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Hey Mindcrime!!!

Unreal, isn't it, that a fistfull of dollars can trump all else in this world? I wonder where all this "money for freedom" cash ends up?

I'm thinking Government sponsored Hawaiian holidays for all politicians and free yachts to the first 50 people who can recruit 10 or more millionaires to the US! That's probably close to the truth!

What a few trillion in deficits when the benefits package is this darned good?

~Heff

top topics

join