It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku's Contradiction and Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
reply to post by jacktherer

It may be closer than 100 years...
2nd line

I do hope you're right in that, I'd also love to see it in my lifetime! I think it is possible, with the exponential growth in technological knowledge we've seen in the 20th Century, who knows what we will accomplish this century.

We're living in a truly exceptional time for discovery, just this year I've seen tons of stories come across my desk, from the investigation of faster-than-light radio wave to a better understanding of quantum physics and the discovery of not just extrasolar planets but, as the BBC reported in a story today, entire extrasolar planetary systems much like our own.

Even in the 1990s each of these advances would be the story of the year in science, but 2010 has proven to be an exceptional year for the hard sciences. In time these discoveries made this year may have monumental impact on human society.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm not saying he isn't a good guy with good intentions, but I feel as though he has been briefed on advanced technology while in the Army. It isn't only plausible, but it makes a lot of sense

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by testsavage

According to his thesis, a singular, global culture is necessary to move from type 0 to type 1 civilization. The alternative is mutually assured destruction due to nationalist-superstitious belief systems which are incompatible with type 1 civilizations.

IMO, you can argue with his thesis, but if you accept that we must advance as a species, you must accept that we will not do so as a planet of rival nation states with incompatible superstitions and belief systems.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by 0zzymand0s]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

KISS doing "I Was Made For Loving You" is a far cry from a PhD Theoretical Physicist flip-flopping on the civ's future, however, these two mutually exclusive scenarios share a common theme...a shift in focus from maintaining integrity while attaining wide spread success to abandoning principles in order to gain more glutonous success.

I do not dispute that Dr. K has been a intermediary for the physics world and the mainstream world. He has provided a service in that he has made the subject more appealing to the laymen and served as an outlet for cutting edge theory.

I am merely pointing out that he has sacrificed his own personal beliefs in exchange for more than his 15 minutes. This doesn't make him the Devil...it just makes him a disappointment.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by testsavage

He is basically right. People fear change and if we are headed for a type 1 civilization TPTB will find ways to destroy any advancement if they can't control it. I now see why he says we are headed for a type 0 civilization after watching this.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I dont get how they come up with the "Type 0, Type 1 Civ..." like they understand what its like being an "advanced" being/civilization. Sounds like a push for a new world order... all we need to "advance" is to stop lying and share all information amongst everyone. Plus, WHAT IF we, being spiritual beings, advanced spiritually and discover a whole new world of ideas... I.E. all humans concentrate on redirecting a meteorite that would have destroyed the world and save our self by means of telekinesis/spirituality instead of fleeing this planet and relying on technology(and materialism?) Also if we learn to use the mass abundance of water on this planet for fuel instead fossil fuels that supposedly can run out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join