It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm dependant on 'big pharma' and I hate it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
My rant for the day –

I’m now totally dependant on ‘big pharma’ .. and I hate it!
I don’t trust them. I don’t trust the drugs.

I have no choice really. I have to take the Plaquinel or ‘live’ (if you can call it that) an even more miserable existence than I do now. 60% of people with my disease (Sjogrens) are hyper-drug sensitive .. and I am one of them. That means I can’t take a lot of meds and I get bunches of side effects with the ones that I can take. Nasty ones. The Plaquinel at least takes me from constantly feeling like I have the flu and 104 temp to feeling like I have a milder flu with 101 temp. This will never end. Ever.

The drugs don’t cure anything, they just ‘mitigate’ the disease effects somewhat.

So here I am. I’m stuck with a disease that leaves you half alive, that doesn’t offer outright death as a relief, and I’m stuck dependant on big pharma to be able to even get out of bed.

I know some of you will say ‘just don’t take the medicine’. Well .. I could do that. The Sjogrens doesn’t kill you right out (the complications do). But then I wouldn’t be able to get out of bed to even use the bathroom. At least with the Plaquinel I can get around the house most of the day.

Hurricane Danielle is coming so I have to reorder ahead of time to be sure I have the drugs in the house. UGH!

So how is it that for 20 years Plaquinel has been the drug of choice to give AI patients and nothing new has come on the scene or a cure hasn’t been found? Same with cancer. Why Chemo, which is really a toxic poison, and no cure? Same with Parkinsons. Same with _____ (fill in the disease of choice). Could it be that big pharma can’t make money from diseases that are cured so they don’t cure them?

Yep, I could be paranoid. But I could be right.

I hate big Pharma .. and yet I'm now totally dependant on them.
FRUSTRATION!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I don't have any suggestions for alternative medicine and/or other solutions, or anything like that - I just wanted to say, I feel you. I couldn't stand living a life where I had to take medication. Whenever I'm sick, I man up and just get through it. But of course, I've never had any serious illnesses or disorders.

Just keep fighting, stay strong, and hope that one day, modern medicine will actually do its job and find a permanent cure!

[edit on 23-8-2010 by David_Reale]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If I had Cancer there would be an end ... either a cure or death. But there is no end. And so I HAVE to take the medications or it would be even worse.

One of the main Sjogrens meds I had a bad time with - Salagan.
Can't take it.

I've had so many bad reactions to different meds, that now each and every time I take a plaquinel (4 times a day) I am afraid. Not of death (oh for a nice quick death soon!!), but of having one of those bad reactions ... choking, not being able to swallow, hard to breathe, hives, heart rhthum problems, etc.

I am now totally depending on big pharma ... big corporations that lie and have been caught in scandal after scandal (vioxx, avian flu in swine flu shots, etc etc). Having to depend on those who are undependable .. depend on them for getting enough energy to be able to walk in your own home ... it's awful!

And I'm not alone in this. Millions of us are stuck depending on big pharma to get through the day. Heck .. hundreds of millions use big pharma because it's pushed on them and they don't really need it.

It's a mess.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
"Modern medicine will actually do its job and find a permanent cure!" In a perfect world this would be true, but if you dare compete with big pharma you get charged with tax envision.Anyway go look for alternative cures, don't trust a dieing parasite establishment looking to feed itself money.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hello, I've never heard of Sjogrens but my first thought, as always, was whether or not a change of diet might help.

I found this after doing a quick google search:
www.city-data.com...

This is probably something you've thought of already, but I wanted to offer a word of support and help if I could.

I started this thread, asking for ATS members who could do absent healing. If you're interested in that sort of help, I'm sure the people who 'signed up' would be more than happy to try:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23-8-2010 by berenike]

top topics

join