It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another news flash from Jupiter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

A Japanese amateur astronomer witnessed a flash on Jupiter over the weekend - less than three months after similar blip, apparently caused by a meteor fall, created a sensation among astronomers. The event suggests that the giant planet may be experiencing shooting stars more frequently than scientists thought, and that it's just a case of looking in the right place at the right time.

More with video at: cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

it does go on to say that they need to confirm that the flash truly came from Jupiter and not from the random glint of an Earth-orbiting satellite.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

A Japanese amateur astronomer witnessed a flash on Jupiter over the weekend - less than three months after similar blip, apparently caused by a meteor fall, created a sensation among astronomers. The event suggests that the giant planet may be experiencing shooting stars more frequently than scientists thought, and that it's just a case of looking in the right place at the right time.

More with video at: cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

it does go on to say that they need to confirm that the flash truly came from Jupiter and not from the random glint of an Earth-orbiting satellite.

I guess we are lucky to have Jupiter in our solar system....I wonder how many Asteroid and Comet impacts it has taken through out tiime that had the Earth's name on it?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Cool..But still not as cool as a comet into Jupiter.

Comet Shoemaker-Levy Collision with Jupiter:
www2.jpl.nasa.gov...

Thanks for the link.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The old vacuum cleaner's at it again! We probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Jupiter...

I think we're seeing these events more now because more people are watching.

IRM

new topics

top topics

join