It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman buries brother, discovers dead son

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

PARIS (Reuters)

"Someone hasn't done their job," she told news channel I-Tele. "I demand explanations," Vermeersch said, adding it was unbelievable in a time of modern technology that nobody had attempted to contact the family.

Citing the funeral parlor that buried the man, the newspaper said it was not uncommon for families not to be informed if there is no immediate contact address.
French law stipulates that a burial must take place within six days of a death.

Wow, what a way to find out your loved one died!

I'm curious as to what others think about this.
Is it laziness or simple lack of concern on the part of authorities?

I wonder how many other loved one's who have died but families were never notified.

I bet this might solve a few past mysteries for other families who are searching for thie missing relatives.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I guess in this day and age, there is no excuse for this. Maybe there is more to this story, I'm not sure. Seems like someone could've gone the extra mile, but sometimes even something as sensitive as death could've had gotten lost through shifting paper. A declaration of death is really just forms right? well by that logic its just another piece of paper. too sad

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

The article said they had a "row," before she called him about her brothers death. Perhaps he killed himself and left instructions not to contact her?

Who knows, really, as the circumstances surrounding the death of the son are missing.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

The article said they had a "row," before she called him about her brothers death. Perhaps he killed himself and left instructions not to contact her?

Who knows, really, as the circumstances surrounding the death of the son are missing.

That could be true but I took the article to say that the mother thougtht he was ignoring her because of their row but infact it was because he was already dead.

Josiane Vermeersch said she had tried to contact her son a few days before to invite him to his uncle's funeral, to no avail, and had thought he was ignoring her after a row.

The local council confirmed the father of one, Olivier, had died on July 5 from natural causes.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
I guess in this day and age, there is no excuse for this. Maybe there is more to this story, I'm not sure. Seems like someone could've gone the extra mile, but sometimes even something as sensitive as death could've had gotten lost through shifting paper. A declaration of death is really just forms right? well by that logic its just another piece of paper. too sad

It is sad, you are correct. Maybe it's all about how fast they can get the job done and move to the next one, lol.

Maybe since there was no evidence of foul play they feel their time should be spent elsewhere

I hope they did their best first in locating the family but I do question that.

Thanks
sl

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Oooops, sorry, I did miss the natural causes part. You know he had to have phone numbers some place in his home. If he was a father, why didn't his child contact the mother?

It seems like the family was estranged, doesn't it?

Anyway, she doesn't have to worry about him being angry with her, and she knows where he is!

Still, it does seem like somebody dropped the ball some place, and even if he had to be buried before they could contact her, it doesn't seem right that they just gave up, even after he was planted.

top topics

join