It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rod Blagojevich: what are your thoughts on this whole situation and how the case will play out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Okay, first, the facts as I understand them

-Obama becomes president-elect

-Blago is caught by the feds saying "I have this thing, it's (bleep)ing golden."

-Blago goes on the View, touches the women on the shoulder to show the audience he is human, various comments surface about his hair. He also mentions in a round about way that he is not allowed to call a witness to the stand, namely Obama and Emmanuel.

Blago gets arrested

The media runs stories on Blago's case, mentions that he is making inappropriate nosies in court, the judge has to silence him; he also brings his children to court

The court verdict is in: out of the 24 counts against him, the jury is hung on 12, does not deliberate on 11 of them, is guilty on one charge of lying to the feds, supposedly 5 years ago, and the issue the media flouted, the selling of the senate seat, was a hung jury 11-1, with one woman being the lone dissenter who "just didn't see what we all saw," said one jury, Erik Sarnello.

So, the prosecutors will retry the case, which is laughable since that means they have to dig up new dirt on him, otherwise they risk putting him in a double jeopardy situation, making this court case almost as ridiculous as the federal government vs. Arizona, but that issue is a tangent, so sticking to this Blago case, the question is, what do you see as happening in the future? Will he be convicted? Will Blago dish out some dirt on Obama and Tony Rezko's ties, possibly also involving Rahm Emmanuel, or is Blago just going to get a slap on the wrist due to another "lone dissenter" and that will be that?

[edit on 21-8-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I don't think the jury understood the corruption of politics and Blago is a real con man.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
my own thoughts are as follows: Since it was blago on trial, he couldn't indict Obama, but using him as a witness, perhaps he could have brought him to his defense, which he luckily did not need, but only by one vote, so maybe that one vote was his defense. But now, the feds are going after him again, and it can't be the Obama administration, they are being a bit silent on this, I think they want it to go away, because if they were going after Blago, he could maybe bring up some ties between Obama and Rezko. I think what has happened here, is that Blago was most likely guilty of the selling of the senate seat, but managed to slip out of that accusation, meanwhile Obama gets off completely scot free, it sounds a little cut and dry, but I don't see how it could be any other way.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Blago will probably walk and be an albatross around Obama's neck.

top topics

join