It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead soldiers' families outraged as EA allows gamers to fight for Taliban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Dead soldiers' families outraged as EA allows gamers to fight for Taliban

www.news. com.au

EVER wanted to know how it feels to ambush and kill a US soldier?

Fancied yourself as a bit of a dab handler of Improvised Explosive Devices?

You're in luck - the latest instalment in the popular Medal of Honor video game franchise will let you play as a Taliban soldier plotting against the Coalition troops in Afghanistan.

For the uninitiated, Medal of Honor is one of several first-person shooting games largely responsible for keeping the flagging video game market alive in recent years,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

EA says every war game has to have an opposition.

I can understand the emotional reactions from relatives of U.S. soldiers and marines killed in Afghanistan over the past nine years in Bush's illegal war, but this video game gives you the option of fighting alongside either the U.S / NATO troops or the Taliban.

This is the first game in the Medal of Honor series that is not completely one-sided.

www.news. com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I think these people need to remember something very important.

ITS A FREAKING VIDEO GAME AND NOT REAL LIFE

Shesh Oh Pete!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

This is true...but i think they are probably remembering that their son or daughter was blown to pieces by someone from the Taliban quite recently.

I can understand and i really do sympathise with their views.

But, let's remember there are very many people alive that still remember the many atrocities carried out by the Nazi's and Japanese during WWII. Some of them were even witness to the violent deaths personally.

Yet, there is no major outcry from these people when a game gives players the option to play as the Nazi's or Japanese is there?

I know our soldiers are still in theatre, but morality doesn't have a sell by date..it's either immoral to play an enemy of our particular country, current or historical, or it isn't.

top topics

join