It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hmm.. strange story related to 9/11 + hackers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
any of you guys read this article yet? my jaw was like on the floor when i read this earlier today...

english.pravda.ru...

if it's true then holy @!%#.. otherwise, someone had a lot of time on their hands and went to an awful lot of trouble to make that up...

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Much of the story reads as fiction, as I believe it is.

I have some experience with serious global hackers, and this story describes how they behave only in Hollywood movies.

In addition, having been involved in computer security, I can easily tell you that no bank had major, or minor, computer centers in the World Trade Center towers, or other minor WTC buildings. Super buildings such as those do not offer the appropriate redundant connectivity and power (at least at a satisfactory cost) needed for such installations. And indeed, every major firm in lower Manhattan utilizes major computing centers in New Jersey where costs for such high-floor-space installations are much more acceptable.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The reason it sounds like fiction is it�s a dodgy translation from Russian.

Very poor article, even if it's real, and I think it's bogus, the author can not write press releases. I read half of it and he never got to the point.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What they said... in spades.

It sounds like some hoaxer taking advantage of a very gullible reporter. I've worked in and around computer security and I agree -- it sounds like a very bad Hollywood script.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
A translation of Pravda is Truth, but it is more like Weekly World News than anything vaguely truth related. Do not trust anything in Pravda more than you would trust anything in WWN. It is all fiction. It is alarmist and false, it is not real, dont listen to it, all its good for is a laugh or two.

!!Warning!!This is Pravda !!Warning!!

XAOS

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   

top topics

join