It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Find the Joy in Your Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Dear ATS,

This is something that has been on my mind alot recently. I've followed the board for many years and it has always been the best place for open minded discussion between people of all different races, religions and backgrounds. Lately it seems more and more tensions have been rising on these boards, there seems to be a thread every other day at the moment saying 'christians are stupid', 'atheists are morons' or 'muslims and jews must die', something along those lines anyway
The thing i've wanted to say is where did the open minded discussion go? I believe everyone should have the facility to debate the mysteries of life to it's full extent without worrying about it breaking down into a slugging fest where every different sect gangs up on the others.

Are we forgetting that despite the different paths we've chosen over the course of our lives we are in essence all the same. Blame disinfo agents or people getting more on edge as we approach some sort of end all you want but we can't let that divide and conquer us.
There seems to be a rise in bitterness and a rise in hopeless in the world in general as of late and I can relate to that as I used to feel the same way but i've changed. In the end I realised i'd regret it if I didn't. My father was diagnosed with cancer at the beginning of the year and i've watched him slowly fade into a shell of his former self but as tough as it has been i've realised one thing, I have no time pessimism or hate anymore, it is such a waste to spend our time and energy attacking others.

I'm not asking you to find a solution to all the world's problems or to find world peace, i'm not asking you to perform miracles and heal the sick. Instead i'm going to ask you to do something else for me, find the joy in your life. I have come to think of our lives as streams flowing into the same river towards whatever lies beyond. Find the Joy In Your Life before it's too late.

Peace

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Most of the hate is a result of a total lack of understanding of other peoples religion.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The inner child in all of us wants to find common ground with the people we "hate" , have a good laugh, forgive them, and then give them a big hug.

How much better would that feel that seperating yourself from them as human beings and looking for differences and feeling hate and resent?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Has anyone ever held a grudge for years and finally got the courage to forgive that person? Do you remember the feeling of joy as the weight of hate was lifted off of your heart? Is there any better feeling?

Find common the ground and realize that other person is you!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ReturnOfTheOutlaw

Hello ReturnOfTheOutlaw-

I agree with you 100 percent. Our problems stems from control, and how others control our lives. It starts the day we are born and continues until we can break free of others control on our daily lives.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Maybe all this perceived "hate" and "wrong in the world" is happening for a reason. We certainly wouldn't know how great love is without fear in the world. The true power of love can be seen when it meets someone who is on their knees and puts them back on the feet.

new topics

top topics

join