It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in 3 State Schools 'with a religious character' in the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I was surprised to learn that one in three British schools are Faith schools.

Around a third of all state-funded schools are schools 'with a religious character' or ‘faith' schools, and this number is growing, with some minority religions and Christian denominations running new schools, or taking control of increasing numbers of schools in the state sector, or of academies.

This is a worrying trend in this day and age. We need to be getting kids to mix with each other no matter their ethnic or religious backgrounds. Thats the only way to learn about one an others differences, but more importantly the similarities that exist between us all.

Not to mention that creationism is taught in many of these schools.

I cant see what good can come from them and the article states, these schools are on the increase.

www.humanism.org.uk...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I think it is great that there are more religious
schools popping up!A lot of parents want their
children to be taught with Biblical values.
I do have a feeling that the increase in faith
schools is because of an increase in the muslim
population.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
You'd be surprised at the amount of existing faith schools who are forced by the government to take in children of different faiths because of numbers.

Wouldn't be surprised if one day muslim schools will have no choice but to take in children who are non-muslim because everything else is full up.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I went to a faith school back in the day, and several of my nephews and neices continue to attend them. I don't think it's a huge threat, really. A minor problem, perhaps, but next to nothing in the grand scheme of things.

top topics

join