It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its 2010 but by 2020??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
We are now closer than ever to world destruction in the eyes of some and in the eyes of others we are going backwards. The following things were predicted and scheduled by scientists, governments and Inventors and were said to be done by 2020.

Do you think with the way the world is going that we are moving forward as some have predicted or are we destined to come to an almighty halt?

Will any of these be happening?

Jaxa plans to send robotic Astronauts to the moon

2020 Summer Olympics

Last Nuclear power plant in Germany to shut down

Global oil production is expected to peak

Earliest year that power on board Voyager 1 and 2 is expected to fade and terminate (this is about the only one that is sort of unavoidable)

India to become a developed Country

Pakistan to become a developed country

The Russian Space Agency say they plan to be mining Helium-3 from the moon

Identification of the genetic link of all diseases

Source of these and others: 2020

I am interested in seeing if progress is happening along the same lines or are things now being intentionally hidden or slowed due to a new agenda of some kind.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by L1U2C3I4F5E6R]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Im confused... How could 2020 Olympics take place by 2010?

I think most of those have been done btw. isn't India a developed country? How about Pakistan? By developed, do they mean, buildings? Plus, some have suggested that Russia and US are mining on the moon. As for the robotic astronauts, well if they are mining, thay most likely have some sort of robotic ROV of some sort.

Did you edit as I posted? Now Im more confused. So in 2010, these predictions were made? And expected to happen by 2020? Well my core post still stands.

edit: I think Voyager 1 and 2 got taken over by E.T.'s. So it won't lose power!

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Myendica]

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Myendica]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I don't see the relation between your statements and world destruction lol. Or am i just plain wrong..

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
People are too unpredictable, and too much of reality is unknown to allow for many projections to have a great deal of accuracy. They have predicting "peak oil" since I was a kid back in the 60s, I remember asking my Dad what we were going to do when they ran out of gas.

I also remember asking him whether he was disappointed with our world. He'd grown up in the 40s and 50s, was a big fan of science fiction, became an electrical engineer and worked on some "big picture" kinds of things, but I asked him whether that world that he'd read about and imagined in the 50s, of daily rocket flights to the moon, flying cars, a peaceful planet was something he was bummed out had not come to fruition. His answer, surprisingly, was no.

We only know the future when we come upon it, and when we're there, it's too late to change what it is, so work for what you believe in and work for a future that you want to meet up with.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Providing we don't destroy ourselves before then, it's always good to hope, and therefore predict for future.

As far as the peak oil, they keep saying we are at peak oil, and then empty wells fill up again.

India and Pakistan becoming developed, India's on its way, Pakistan might have some problems, just thinking of the floods there right now.

They're shutting down Germany's nuclear power? I guess if they're replacing it with greener options.

Robots on the moon, Russia mining on the moon, maybe. Seems fully possible.

I'd hate to think we are going to destroy ourselves before then, but the earth seems overdue for so many natural apocalyptic disasters. And politicians are so greedy and warlike. Hopefully we see 2020 and beyond. Some people definitely seem to be devolving, hopefully enough are evolving to counter that.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cyberjedi

i agree, none of these seem to be bad things that could be connected to the end of the world.

new topics

top topics

join