It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 cities to train mail carriers to dispense anti-terror drugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
WASHINGTON — The Postal Service is ready to deliver lifesaving drugs to about a quarter of the residents of Minneapolis-St. Paul, the only metropolitan area in the nation where letter carriers have been trained to dispense medication after a large-scale terrorist attack involving biological weapons.

Six years after the government began exploring the idea of using postal workers as rapid-response medicine dispensers and eight months after President Obama ordered government agencies to develop a plan to do so, efforts are underway in six cities to train workers to deliver the drugs needed to counter anthrax or other potentially deadly agents, the White House says.

The White House won’t name the six cities, and Department of Homeland Security spokeswoman Amy Kudwa says she can’t talk about whether more cities are interested in the voluntary program.
Why not name the six cities that have being giving the medication?
Does this sound a bit fishy as they say?
lots more at aftermath news.com by way of Mimi Hall of usa today.
just wondering what you guys think?
could this be because like another threat like in 2001 where two postal workers died in brentwood washington or could it be something bigger??

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I'm not sure if I trust the motives to any kind of move like this, but the concept is sound. Mail carriers would be effective ways of getting something to a massive population in a hurry. They are probably the most familiar with their respective work based neighborhoods and areas.

All things considered I think that my mailman would find me faster than anyone from FEMA could ever think of doing!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Thanks for your input,i agree good way to dispence but what im wondering
if they know about Iranian sleepers in certin cities waiting to see if Usa and israel strike??, then again im probably watching to much 24.haha
I would say they could well do it with the help of Russia and Venezuela.
I do honestly think something will happen if they strike.what you think?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

If they've initiated a program there is probably a reason for them to have done so... more frequent or specific "chatter" or something intelligence based. But that's just my assumption.

Even if there is a reason or cause I won't worry too much, I think that we've tended to be way over vigilant and reactionary towards these things. I say that understanding and fully accepting that being over cautious is much better than being under cautious.

*edited to remove reference to the obvious and already stated!*

[edit on 8/14/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I was thinking along the same lines myself, your right these things come up over and over again.Always a false alarm to the public but i would say you would hear some facsinating stories if you come ever get a official to open up to you.I hope like you there just being over cautious and it goes away again,just with the middle east you never know.
[shrug of shoulders] WHY CANT I HEAR CHATTER!! LOL
thanks buddy.
Hey Hefficide do you think America will attack iran.?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

I think Isreal attacking is more likely. Actually this whole postal thing could be prepatory for that. Get the ducks in a row before the storm comes kind of scenario.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Big time ,thats where my train of tought was going.I think Israel will without a doubt strike,i just hope they do it on there own. Not likely though

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Where is link to the actual story?
The general link you provided is not a valid link.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
well. if this is true ?? i'll let you know if i'm the lucky one who gets this. i live in this area

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
From my own Pdf files on the subject (links have now disappeared), back when I was interested, I would say the six cities are: Seattle, St. Louis, Denver, Boston, Chicago (and nearby Michigan area), Philly. This matches up well with these cities mentioned here: www.bioprepwatch.com...

Ann Knebel, deputy director for preparedness planning for the U.S. Department of Health, told CIDRAP News that Seattle, Philadelphia, Boston and Louisville are also working on similar plans.

So, that leaves 2 unknown. All those cities have major ties to CDC, Cidrap, etc. Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

Cool! If CDC is a factor then my area (Atlanta) is probably targeted for this program as well. I'll chat up my mail carrier and ask her about this.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

anti-terror drugs

Hahahaha, funniest line on ATS today!

top topics

join