It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents' shock as Google Street View captures girl's 'body' lying on pavement (but, don't wor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
A girl captured on Google Street View sprawled out in the gutter of a street sparked panic after concerned residents feared cameras had caught a dead body lying on the pavement.

Rumours circulated after worried neighbours spotted the 'corpse' lying by a red car in Worcester.

But rather than being the crime scene suspected by some locals, the bizarre image turned out to just be a youngster playing a joke on her friend.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Okay, Okay, I know there is no conspiracy here.

However I think that it would be hilarious if people at large caught on to this and would play dead any time they were aware of a Google street camera or other obviously intrusive monitoring device. So that every time you look at street view there would be a chance of finding someone playing dead. Like a game of where’s Waldo, that would be awesome.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by 5MaveN5]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 5MaveN5

I agree. Thanks for brightening up my day! Al this sickening corruption and bad news every day. We should have a joke
every day, or a humor forum.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'd love to see people use Google Street View for advancing their agendas.
Political campaigns. Personal Opinions. Etc.

Would be GREAT to see people milling about with signs, protests, maybe even a visit ATS @ ATS.com LOL

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The joke worked better than she probably ever imagined

Haha, silo...don't give them any more ideas

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Thats cool,wish I'd thought of that when they filmed me...I did manage to overtake their car though,and got about 5 good shots of my car from different angles,which I was pleased with.

I just wish I had been wearing my stormtrooper helmet or something...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I don't really see anything intrusive about Google Street View.
It's all things that you could go and see for yourself, anyway.
It'd only be intrusive if they were taking photos through your window or something.

I think people have got to realise that technology changes a lot of things in our society, and not to automatically assume that it's a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This reminds me of Horse Boy also captured on goole maps.

Funny and freaky.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Sam Vimes]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I propose that we should arrange "flash mob" zombie attacks in areas when we hear the google cars are about...

That would look wicked if you got hundreds dressed as zombies,pretending to eat civilians etc...lots of fake blood!

Haha.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
I don't really see anything intrusive about Google Street View.
It's all things that you could go and see for yourself, anyway.
It'd only be intrusive if they were taking photos through your window or something.

I think people have got to realise that technology changes a lot of things in our society, and not to automatically assume that it's a bad thing.

You have a good point, thanks for the reply. My intent of the thread was one more toward absurdity.

However, I have to disagree with you to an extent. Maybe you could see it driving around, but would you? At what point does information about you or that can be tied to you become invasive? Probably a good topic for another thread. How much privacy we have lost, how much information is easily obtainable on most anyone. I dentity theft on the rise?

Would you think it was invasive if you had a 24 hour live feed camera at the front of your house? Which, unfortunatley, is not unusual for many folks. Just not so public, yet

Further, from what I understand, Google was busted tracking/ recording/ hacking wifi sites that they came across.

Sounds intrusive to me..

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Do you know what I find more disturbing? The driver drove past and didn't even stop to see what was going on. If he was looking around for anyone to run out in the road he should have seen her!

Google definitely has an agenda when it comes to the WiFi incident. What is very odd is whilst they say it was a total accident etc. etc. they have not voluntarily deleted the data, instead looking to see if they can keep it.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by mirageofdeceit]

new topics

top topics

join