It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Granholm preparing revised budget plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Granholm preparing revised budget plan

www.woodtv.com

Plan would include new revenues for state gov't

Gov. Jennifer Granholm remains hopeful Michigan will get extended Medicaid funding from the federal government but she's preparing alternative budget plans in case the money doesn't materialize.
Michigan was counting on more than $500 million in extended federal Medicaid benefits for the budget year starting Oct. 1. Granholm said Thursday that if Michigan gets any money at all it would be about $300 million.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Wow. So the state budget, which was heavily relying on handouts from Washington, is preparing for when that federal money "doesn't materialize."

Of course, it could just be they are preparing for the event that Washington says "no." Innocent, right?

But I'm reading between the lines. The train is about to jump the tracks and the ride is going to be over, in a horrible way.

State governments (or at least, Lansing) is getting ready. About time we make sure we are doing the same, don't you all think?

www.woodtv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What do I think? I think taht untill food stamps and all government checks are cut ( not including unemployment) we will continue to come here complaining about government spending saying how its all a conspiracy and go back to watching the game.
But If food stamps, social security , disibialty , house help and such are cut off then I give America 7 days untill total anarchy and the world one month until the first nuk is used and the human race 6 months untill you finly get the population control many seam to want after 3 billion have been killed.
Falls Rome falls the world . You don't rally believe America will go quietly into the night do you?
That is the really funny thing every was so worried about Russia destroying the world . But No country would really have stood behind them .
America sugar coats every move we make we put on nice shinny armor and look like the kinght who is coming to save you from the black knight.
mean wile under taht helmet.
No I very afraid if we come down it wont be quietly and contained like Russia was. rember we have 10 times the hard ware in every corner of teh globe then russia ever did do you really think we will just let it rust?

new topics

join