It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reading a Terrorist Mind

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
You only thing I'm still banking on winning out in the end is chaos theory. Try to control chaos, it becomes more chaotic. But really, I would like to see what this thing says I'm thinking. It would probably explode, because I would think "The next sentence is true, the previous sentence is false".
(credit: Colbert's book)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DrunkNinja

Great! Imagine the wonderful future we can have!

Rather than having presidential debates where both candidates blow smoke up our asses, we can hook them up to these things and see if they plan to screw us or help us.

Thats the thing to remember, yes, this could work against the people, but hey, we can also turn this around on the PTB too. Once the genie is out of the bottle, they cant put it back in.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I saw this news piece earlier.

Let's make it clear that it CANNOT read your mind as in "AHA! I know what you are thinking!"

Instead, it can recognize patterns in responses and its uses are more similar to a polygraph test.

Since news companies get money by making very attractive headlines, we see more and more crapola headlines that are misleading and meant to attract your attention.

Of course, it works but it's frustrating for those of us who want to get straight information instead of skewed "advertisements" for news pieces.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I honestly don't think in any way shape or form that's its similar to a polygraph test, And yes it can read your thought's. The database that they are building is mapping every word, and phrase, When you think to yourself "what a good day I'm having" the machine will be able to sort out the patterns in your brain that you used to formulate those specific words. No question needs to be posed to the individual being "scanned" it can literally read your thoughts. As for sensationalism, of course its packaged to get your attention, the question is who is trying to get your attention ? Just another over hyped media story ? Or do you think its possible that someone wanted to draw in as many people as possible to try and show the one's led astray that this kind of thing is wrong. It seems to me that many people on Ats have either forgotten or never realized that there are all sorts of people, in all walks of life trying with every tool they have to end the corruption of our system. Good people are fighting all over in their own way, and this story presented as it is, is a perfect example of someone fighting back. Has everyone here become so jaded that anything presented to them is scrutinized as goverment or corporate propaganda?

This video is a tool that someone gave you, to help spread the concept of goverment control as not only possible but real and existing.

Use It

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
That was somewhat awkward to watch.. Like a tv-shop commercial wrapped in newspaper

I remember reading about this earlier and noticed, that the guy playing the role of a "know it all" left out a rather important fact about the P300 experiment:

What's more, the P300 is vulnerable to what scientists call "confounding factors." For instance, if the mock-terrorists in the study were raised in Houston, which was also the location of the attack, the researchers would not know for sure what was causing the P300 spike. This makes the test particularly unreliable once details of a crime or plot have been released to the public. Anyone who then read about a planned attack in Houston would have a spike at the name. The same false positive would be triggered if, say, a picture of a murder weapon had been released to the press and then was shown to a suspect.

www.time.com...

<< 1   >>

join