It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something odd...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Something very strange happened to me last night.

I was watching tv in the living room, and decided to sleep on the couch. So, I went and got a pillow and a blanket, and settled back in to finish the movie I was watching.

When the movie was over, I turned off the tv, and the lamp in the room. Settling in for the nigh, I closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep. But something was keeping me from doing so.

While I was trying to go to sleep, I had my eyes closed (duh, right?) But it was like there was a bright light in the room. It seemed to get very bright, and intense, like it was coming right at my face, but when I opened my eyes there was nothing there.

Then, I tried to go to sleep again, only now it seemed something was amiss in the room. Like there was something maybe not watching me, but something there.

I don't know what any of it means, but I figured my friends here at good ol' ATS might help so lemme know whatcha think.

and of course, Mods, if this is the wrong area for this, please be kind and move where appropriate.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
certainly an odd situation. but without hearing too many details i could only really speculate.

1. the light? where was it coming from? how intense? what color?

2. you felt like something was watching you? or something else?

3. any other details? loss of time? weird occurences? out of place thoughts?

id love to help, just need some more info... before i start saying "Man, you were totally abducted!" jk, you know.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by monguzi

I was laying on my left side on the couch w/ my head resting on the pillow. The light seemed to be shining right in front of me, and seemed white.

The best way I can describe it is someone holding a flashlight across the room, then suddenly shoving it in your face.

It just felt really weird after I opened my eyes. It was almost like something else was going to happen, but couldnt because I had my eyes open or something.

No loss of time that I noticed. Though it was around 2am when it happened.

No weird occurences that I've noticed. I've been having some strange dreams lately. But I just assumed they were dreams, lol.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by monguzi

I was laying on my left side on the couch w/ my head resting on the pillow. The light seemed to be shining right in front of me, and seemed white.

The best way I can describe it is someone holding a flashlight across the room, then suddenly shoving it in your face.

It just felt really weird after I opened my eyes. It was almost like something else was going to happen, but couldnt because I had my eyes open or something.

No loss of time that I noticed. Though it was around 2am when it happened.

No weird occurences that I've noticed. I've been having some strange dreams lately. But I just assumed they were dreams, lol.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrath5639
Something very strange happened to me last night.

I was watching tv in the living room, and decided to sleep on the couch. So, I went and got a pillow and a blanket, and settled back in to finish the movie I was watching.

When the movie was over, I turned off the tv, and the lamp in the room. Settling in for the nigh, I closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep. But something was keeping me from doing so.

While I was trying to go to sleep, I had my eyes closed (duh, right?) But it was like there was a bright light in the room. It seemed to get very bright, and intense, like it was coming right at my face, but when I opened my eyes there was nothing there.

Then, I tried to go to sleep again, only now it seemed something was amiss in the room. Like there was something maybe not watching me, but something there.

I don't know what any of it means, but I figured my friends here at good ol' ATS might help so lemme know whatcha think.

and of course, Mods, if this is the wrong area for this, please be kind and move where appropriate.

I too have had an instance of something like this, but not with a light. When I went to bed after watching a movie, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was in the room with me. It as only happened 3 or 4 times that I remember, but it was as if someone was close. But I think I may know what it could be. My bedroom has a window (like all bedrooms of course), and in so doing My room is on an outside wall. Why you or me and anyone else could have felt this was that somebody or bodies or something could have been walking past the outside of your house or apt complex wall and you picked up unconciously their presence. When your bed is that close to the window or wall of your abode, it's real easy to think that said person or animal is close to or even in the room. You might not even hear them but their presence is known by just walking around outside, or cutting through your yard, or even thinking they can get into your house or apt. and deciding not too.

I don't know if it's a form of ESP (which it may be) or some instinct that we have but don't know how to tap. But in any event if you hide a person or two in a room in your room or house, you can tell that something is off in your place. And this my be because of the things that you don't pay attention to consciously but unconsciously you do. We feel and sense something is not in place, and our minds tell us the only way it can be fear or the feeling of unease. And the reason why I do believe it's the person outside was because something told me a few years ago to look outside and I made sure not to turn on my bedroom light, and sure as the sun coming up I saw 3 dogs sniffing around outside my bedroom window on the ground.

So it could be something etheral in your room, but more than likely your subconscious alerted you to something not etheral but real and close to your sense of well being.

top topics

join