It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All-Women Ship Heads for Gaza and Waits for Clash with Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
"

A “women-only” ship, complete with a nun and a heavily pregnant mother, has cleared political and technical obstacles and is set to sail for Gaza, presenting Israel with a new challenge. The ship is supposed to leave Tripoli by Sunday night, its co-coordinator, Hizbullah-backer Samar al-Hajj"

This should be interresting. Israel better handle this ship with "kid gloves" to avoid total international condemnation again.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

So.....

Does this mean if the pregnant lady gives birth in an Israeli Prison her baby will have dual citizenship or be an Israeli?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

hope the pregnant woman doesn't give birth in
Israel, else she'll be entitled for the rest of her
life. lol

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

damn
we're thinkin alike
that's scary

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Israel doesn't have the 14th Amendment.
Oh, that's right! No constitution at all. No firmly declared borders either.

It's a good thing I'm American with a bill of rights and everything. I don't have a thing to worry about if I say. "I don't recognize the existence of constitutionless borderless countries."

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Israel will find it hard to attack this ship, but with the most powerful propaganda machine on their side, they can turn anyone in to a terrorist, even pregnant ladies ^^

They will probably say she wasn't pregnant, she was hiding weapon supplies in her stomach, to supply Hamas

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I suspect the international community will be watching closely. It will be interesting to see what Israel decides to do. I can't imagine they will attack outright, unless they can show some sort of illegal arms deal in conjunction with this sail. However, there are many ways to stop that ship. Woth keeping a watch on its progress.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by gem_man

They will probably say she wasn't pregnant, she was hiding weapon supplies in her stomach, to supply Hamas

She was probably smuggling in the next generation fighter anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

She was probably smuggling in the next generation fighter anyway.

Thats the one, I was close though wasn't I

Hopefully they don't take our excuses and write it down in their final reports of her murder.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
If this fails, can we not simply fill the next ship up with Jews and then see what happens? It would be an interesting point to see if the IDF attack an Israeli flagged vessel and manned by its citizens.

Failing that, lets stick the pope on board!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
If the IDF want to take action against this ship and get away with it, it may be easier for it to get into dificulties and sink under mysterious circumstances.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

I am gob-smacked at their bravery.

GO BRAVE LADIES!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
It's not a baby... It's a foetus shaped bomb! Get in the bag with the rest!

To add Israelis put the 2nd line in the bag too.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It's just me or this things looks way too provocative,
at what end?
Do you see this as a good thing?

i'd say sink the ship and make it look like an accident.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

If the ship sinks for any reason whatsoever, I HAVE already blamed Israel for any such eventuality in my mind! Israel is morally bankrupt and if they don't in fact garantee the ships safe arrival REGARDLESS of even acts of freaking GOD, then I will hold them ALL [voting citizens not all civilians OK] accountable!

If they want to be Pigheaded and not morally Kosher then they get what they deserve!

I note that the IDF has a far sized contingent of female soldiers and I'm quite sure that if they had to board the ship in any fashion that the use of such geneder specific soldiers would be just as inappropriate! Piracy laws don't care about the gender of the criminal!

Personal Disclosure: It's to late to apologize!

Israel: So what? You want me to talk peace now???

OmegaLogos: LMAO! Nope!, I want you to die Israel! I want you to DIE you Middle Eastern Gestapo! [civilians are exempt... citizens are not!]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

No way, many are born in Israel and still kicked out to make room for the Jews....

You need to read up more

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ProdigalSon

It's just me or this things looks way too provocative,
at what end?
Do you see this as a good thing?

Martyrdom is never an easy decision.
The shame is that the world has allowed this situation to get this far.

My daughter just commented that she isn't altogether pleased with a world in which such extreme measures are necessary.

It is for humanity.

The easy thing is to sit back and think how fortunate, or better you are to not be Gazan.

LK 13:1 Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2 Jesus answered, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4 Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them--do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish."

[edit on 9-8-2010 by pthena]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Some of the last words from :

Rachel Corrie

I’m witnessing this chronic, insidious genocide and I’m really scared, and questioning my fundamental belief in the goodness of human nature. This has to stop. I think it is a good idea for us all to drop everything and devote our lives to making this stop. I don’t think it’s an extremist thing to do anymore. I still really want to dance around to Pat Benatar and have boyfriends and make comics for my coworkers. But I also want this to stop. Disbelief and horror is what I feel. Disappointment. I am disappointed that this is the base reality of our world and that we, in fact, participate in it. This is not at all what I asked for when I came into this world. This is not at all what the people here asked for when they came into this world. This is not the world you and Dad wanted me to come into when you decided to have me. This is not what I meant when I looked at Capital Lake and said: “This is the wide world and I’m coming to it.” I did not mean that I was coming into a world where I could live a comfortable life and possibly, with no effort at all, exist in complete unawareness of my participation in genocide. More big explosions somewhere in the distance outside. When I come back from Palestine, I probably will have nightmares and constantly feel guilty for not being here, but I can channel that into more work. Coming here is one of the better things I’ve ever done. So when I sound crazy, or if the Israeli military should break with their racist tendency not to injure white people, please pin the reason squarely on the fact that I am in the midst of a genocide which I am also indirectly supporting, and for which my government is largely responsible.

This is also reprinted and put in context by Chris Hedges: The Tears of Gaza Must Be Our Tears - Truthdig
The words of the martyrs sometimes aren't as easily run over by bulldozers as the martyrs themselves.

Even when, and especially when, the government from which the person's passport was issued chooses to officially brush the human aside for some twisted political expediency. Even now, when speaking of the killed on the Marmara, the US Media says "Nine Turkish citizens" rather than 8 Turks and one American.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by pthena]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

The media never mentioned the name of the boat because they did not want people to be reminded of her, who the Israelis call "Saint Pancake" as in what the bulldozer did to her, which by the way was proven that the driver was able to see her before running over her.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Israeli Military Investigator Admits Failures in the Military Investigation of Rachel Corrie’s Killing
She had been nonviolently demonstrating against Palestinian home demolitions with fellow members of the International Solidarity Movement (ISM), a Palestinian-led movement committed to resisting the Israeli occupation of Palestinian land using nonviolent, direct action methods and principles.

It seems to me that for any incident, before any investigation is even made, the official response is, "Israeli personnel acted completely within the behavior required for national self-defence. [fill in blank] was engaged in activity designed to prevent the continuing existence of Israel, and associated with individuals from [fill in blank], an organization identified by Israel as committed to the destruction of Israel. Any damage or loss of life is therefore the responsibility of [fill in blank] who shouldn't have been there." In Rachel Corrie's case read [Rachel Corrie, ISM, Rachel Corrie]

The US then endorses the statement, again, without investigation. Any variation from the official story is mere anti-Zionist propaganda.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by pthena]

new topics

top topics

join