It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Wikileaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

sbs.com.au/dateline/Inside-WikiLeaks

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange stunned the world this week when he leaked more than 90,000 secret Afghan war files.

Dateline's Mark Davis was filming as Assange prepared to release his massive cache of highly classified US documents and as he weathered the media storm that followed.

The documents reveal hundreds of civilian casualties, secret hit squads to track and kill Taliban leaders, a steep increase in Taliban attacks, and collusion between Pakistan's intelligence service and the Taliban leadership.

Davis first connected with the mysterious whistleblower in Iceland, Norway, Sweden and Australia for a story broadcast in May, called The Whistleblower.

This time he has been filming in London where Assange was working with journalists from The Guardian, The New York Times and Germany's Der Spiegel.

The release of the documents has rocked the White House and drawn comment from Australia's Prime Minister Julia Gillard. Some of the classified reports refer to Australia's military operations in Afghanistan.

In a move that will further shake governments and top military brass around the world, WikiLeaks says they have delayed the release of a further 15,000 reports, but these will eventually be released in full.

sbs.com.au/dateline/Inside-WikiLeaks

Pretty interesting.

This is an insight into Assange and the lead up to the massive Afghan War Log leak...

I'm about 10 minutes into it...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Wow, I had no idea that 3 major media news outlets collaborated with Wikileaks prior to releasing it - Especially the NY Times! Although I did get a kick out of the Times asking to get scooped

Why no outage against these collaborators and only Wikileaks? I mean not only were these guys actually digging through the documents to censor informants names, they were also providing commentary as to the authenticity of a DoD video. They seem to be just as involved on the War Logs analysis as was Wikileaks - I would think they would also be guilty of this supposed "information terrorism".

new topics

join