It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another problem for after the Rapture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I had been thinking that if people start getting sick & dying off in the Gulf area then their mortgages & loans would be worthless. The resorts would default on their loans and businesses would as well. Major banking crashes folks.
Then I started thinking about the Rapture and how I would be leaving my house & car notes and my credit card bill behind to cause more trouble for the economy. Multiply that by a bunch of Christians (remember that not all who call themselves Christians really are) and you have more economic woes.
As a Premillennialist, I think we will head out before it turns really bad. I just didn't think past that for the problems we will leave behind to make things worse for the others.
Sorry Guys.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
well I am one of the ones who don't
intend to stick around for the
after effects of the rapture.
I'll be right behind ya

I don't own any property
so I leave very lil mess to deal
with. We be po folk

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Doctor G

If the rapture actually happens, I don't think anybody will be worried about the economy, let alone any outstanding loans.

It'll be every person for themselves, and where to find the next meal!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I just didn't think past that for the problems we will leave behind to make things worse for the others.
Sorry Guys.

If it happens, you sure you're going?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You think that if hypothetically if something like "the rapture" were to happen, the left behind (TM) debt would be the world greatest problems?

And you thought that was so important you'd share it with everyone?

Does your carer know you bypassed NetNanny?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Sounds like your bug-out time is running out soon as things are assuredly headed that way.

To avoid the mess you are leaving behind, how far behind are you managing to leave us? Are you leaving the Country? By Land, Air, or by Sea?

I am focused on the Rockies myself, unless of course it is Yellowstone then I guess I will be Raptured!

The Rapture is after all just 'ground zero' of any given event.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think it's a really good question, but if after the "rapture", if it "really gets bad", doesn't that make you, by definition. a mid-trib believer? It's already bad enough, and it won't be "really bad until after three and a half years when the real Judgements of man begin. God gets His people out, but they don't get to miss everything. Once we get the Mark (rf chips or whatever) the trib period will have already started and it isn't pre-trib any longer. I don't claim to know the answer, but I'm trying to reason a little here rather than just automatically accept what some Preacher or Sunday School teacher told me.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Many people assume two things about the Ascension:

1. There is no Ascension/Rapture

2. All Christians for the most part will Ascend or Rapture.

As to #1 I have never seen scripture so straight forward in all Scriptural translations as 1 Thess. 4:17 "then we, who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet YaHuWaH AdonaiYA in the air. So we will be with AdonaiYA forever." Pretty straight forward if you believe in scripture as direction from our Father above. These very words were related to the ThessaloniYAan CAHal (congregation). In previous scripture of that chapter it mentioned that those who do pass away will also be resurrected into clouds and sky first also. This makes two understandable statements Clouds & Sky. This would not be into the ShamaYAim or Heavenly Dimensions where YaHuWaH AdonaiYA will come from as stated a few scripture earlier, but rather THIS DIMENSION! So are we gonna just hang out floating in the sky/air? Doubt it. As in other scriptural prophecy we understand there is precedent for floating ships and "beaming up"(scotty joke omitted). Trippy stuff really...

As to #2, well there were temples, congregations and meetings of Yahudi Jews, Christians (yup Christians were a documented sect 100 years before YaHuWaH's Son YaHuW was here) and other types of religions that did not embrace YaHuW's teachings. THese comments were made to the CAHal ThessalonikiYA YaHuWaHn followers of YaHuW. Those who kept ALL of the 10 Commandments including the Sabbath and the Double Commandment and New Commandment of YaHuW our MeoschiYAach (Messiah). They kept every single commandment but not in the condemned way that the Traditional Law Creating Yahudi Jews required with there overly pressed and packaged lettered laws of their Talmud creations. The YaHuWaHns are a very simple group of people who are not part of ANY religion or man organized dictatorship of traditions but rather pure word seekers who adhere to what THEY THEMSELVES believe in biblical teachings. Therefore those who are alive and those who shall ascend will not be the churches of today and will not be the religions of today but rather those who are alive who keep ALL of the Commandments as declared by YaHuW for us to do will. YaHuW said something really simple in Matt. 19:16&17 when He was asked by a man, "How can I live forever?" He said simply, "KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS". Pretty simple but leave it up to churchianity to keep the masses from Ascension. Leave it up to the Ministers, Priests, Elders, Rabbis and others to complicate the simplest thing possible for true protection from what is to occur in our time. KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS - KNOW YaHuWaH's NAME YHWH!!!!!! If you cannot figure that out yer just like all the sheeple of this world that do not get .1% of what is discussed on ATS. Guys, we pride ourselves here on ATS for research. Break it down to basics and shy away from men TELLING YOU what you must believe and DO THE RESEARCH!

Research how Jesus name is originally changed from IESOUS which is from ZEUS WORSHIP!

Research how JeHovah is from HOVAH which means DESTROYER, RUIN, MISCHIEF.

RESEARCH how LORD is from the word BAAL.

Research research research! It is all online if you wanna go down the rabbit hole you will uncover it ALL. Paganism is in ALL RELIGIONS OF TODAY! GET OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE says YaHuWaH! The first step is study and not some hyped up ear tickling holy rapture promises by churches that don't preach a word of any of this. Just keep believing that you do not need to keep all 10+double+New COmmandments. Keep believing the lie of calling on the names of pagan gods! OR OPEN YOUR EYES UP! Isnt that what this site is about? Get back to basics! YHWH!!!

I hope this causes just 1 person to start doing research, just one...

AmaniYA! (We believe in YAH!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
"Is the Pretribulation Rapture Biblical?"

The purpose of this brief study is to show that the pretribulation rapture theory is not plainly taught or directly stated in any place in Scripture, cannot be deduced from biblical teaching, contradicts the general teaching of the Bible regarding Christ’s second coming and was never taught in any branch of the church prior to 1830.

www.graceonlinelibrary.org...

If I were you,I'd be more concerned about how to ride out the storm instead of worrying about what will be "Left Behind".

I used to believe in a PreTribulation Rapture,but that's because it sounded so nice! Trouble is,it really isn't Biblical.

Believe what you want,but you should listen to the other side of the argument as well,if you haven't already. It's pretty convincing!
(By the way,this link is just one of many discussing this topic. I haven't read the whole thing to be sure of everything it says,...just using it as something to spur one's interest,hopefully.)

[edit on 8-8-2010 by On the Edge]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I used to be pre-trib as well, but it did not sit right with me.

I am post-trib, now. It makes more sense to me, and it fits with the way the Bible shows duality in everything.

God did not remove the Israelites from Egypt in the time of the plagues, they had to live through them with his help.

God did not remove Noah from the world, during the flood. He had to live through it, with Gods help.

God did not take Jesus from this Earth during his crucifixion. He had to live through it, with Gods help.

God will call us to move to a specific location when the time is right, and we must heed that call.

But he will not remove us from this world. We must endure, along with everyone. We are all sinners. We just have to have faith in God, and love each other.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Where did you get the idea for a Rapture, may I ask? Is it in your Bible? Here is wisdom, friend.
The entire Rapture Doctrine was invented by John Nelson Darby.

Edward Irving (1792-1834) was minister of the Church of Scotland. He was also influenced by the writings of another Jesuit Priest, Emmanuel Lacunza (who used the pseudonym Juan Josafat Ben-Ezra) who wrote a book, "The Coming of the Messiah in Glory and Majesty". Irving translated this Spanish book into English and added a 203 page Preface.

When the Lord shall have finished the taking of witness against the Gentiles... he will begin to prepare another ark of testimony... and to that end will turn his Holy Spirit unto his ancient people, the Jews, and bring them unto those days of refreshing... This outpouring of the Spirit is known in Scripture by ‘the latter rain’.
Published by L.B. Seeley & Sons, 1827, London, pp. 5-6.

John Nelson Darby, one of the inventers of the Rapture theoryIrving planted the seeds of Dispensationalism which greatly influenced two other men. The first was John Nelson Darby (1800-1882), an Anglican minister who left the Church of Ireland to commence the Plymouth Brethren. The other was Henry Drummond (1786-1860), a banker, who founded the Catholic Apostolic Church.

In 1831 both Edward Irving and John Nelson Darby began to postulate a two-staged return of Christ. Some believe that Irving was influenced by a young girl, Margaret McDonald, who apparently received this ‘revelation’ from the Lord of a “rapture” of the Church before a time of Great Tribulation at the end of the age.

Source

This belief, near and dear to the hearts of millions of Evangelical Christians, is actually not based on any teaching found in the Book of Revelation. In fact, the whole idea of the Rapture is only around 100 years old, and sprang the fevered imagination of just one person. (Darby) This doctrine was never taught by the Apostles or the early church. It is a purely modern invention.

Educate yourself, Dear Christian soul. Do not blindly believe what someone may tell you, read into it yourself. Your eyes will open to truth beyond the Bible, and you will see what the book really is, and what it is for.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I don't really believe in the Rapture, but IF it does come to be what you've describe makes the most logical sense.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I, for one, WANT to be left behind after the rapture..someone with some sense will have to rally the people to what is going on!!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Rapture was invented, 1Thess 4 ascension was not... lets not confuse the two...

new topics

top topics

join