It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Scholar Warns Of 'Secret' U.S. Climate Change Weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

a Russian political scientist has claimed the United States may be using climate-change weapons to alter the temperatures and crop yields of Russia and other Central Asian countries.

With the control by the heavy hands of Monsanto regarding seed control that has resulted in the litigation of farmers who refuse to plant altered Monsanto clone seeds. Staying true to their heritage the farmers have done nothing except refuse to buy Monsanto seeds so they were sued for sowing a natural seed rather than a lab created one.

This type of control by Monsanto is typical and it would not surprise many if Monsanto were in some way, involved with this project. I realize the man did back off his claim but there was no reason for him to. Which makes it even more questionable.

In the article, Areshev voiced suspicions about the High-Frequency Active Aural Research Program (HAARP), funded by the U.S. Defense Department and the University of Alaska. HAARP, which has long been the target of conspiracy theorists, analyzes the ionosphere and seeks to develop technologies to improve radio communications, surveillance, and missile detection. Areshev writes, however, that its true aim is to create new weapons of mass destruction "in order to destabilize environmental and agricultural systems in local countries."

In many ways most of these theorys fit together in their own unique way opposite one another.

Source & story

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

My intrigue drops with the word "political" but thats just my bias. But I'm glad someone is speaking about it who apparently may have credibility for russia. Though it could just be jumping on the conspiracy fad thats been growing for 10 years now.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think it is a mix of contributing factors that is leading to this. Not just 1 factor.

The Sun's recent spike in activity for one, can be playing an important role in this turn of events.

The Industrial Age and our heavy pollution from factories etc, can also be playing a contributing factor.

Weather modification can also be playing a role as well.

HAARP can also be playing a role.

Other things, like poor farming techniques, mining operations, cyclical Earth changes, etc can all be contributing factors.

Some of these may play minor roles, when others can be playing more major roles in the current climate change events.

And when you roll the countless factors together, here we go. The climate is changing.

But changing into what? What course or direction will these events take? I do not think anyone knows for sure.

The only way to actually find out is to wait and see.

Just blaming HAARP and the USA is short-sighted and narrow minded in my opinion. We need to consider vast sets of factors to solve this equation. There are many variables and unknowns.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Let me see if I understand this, since I've seen threads popping up non-stop for days about this; if these reports out of Moscow are to be believed, then instead of finding more efficient ways of battling wildfires and dealing with heat waves, members of the Russian government are spending their time actually blaming their misfortune on the United States? To what possible end? Reparations? Financial aid? More advanced fire hydrant technology?

Idiocy IMO.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If it was true - Cuba and Venezuela would be first to suffer. "Striking" Russia with supposed climate weapon that will not damage it in any serious way - for what?
Just another "blame the West instead of doing something positive" excuse.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I heard (via Alex Jones) there were treaties signed in the 70's, between Russia and the U.S., not to use these weapons against each other. Also that the treaties did not prevent the governments from using them against their own citizens.

top topics

join