It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ulchi Freedom Guardian Aug. 16 to 26th (Korea)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
US and South Korean forces will simulate a hostage rescue during these excersizes, and it sounds like a whole lotta more provocation for ol Kimmy, judging by the amount of forces being used, and the location of the drill....

Snippet from story by the "Chosun Ilbo" below....

"This year's exercise is especially big with about 30,000 U.S. troops, including some 3,000 stationed overseas -- three times the previous size of the U.S. contingent".

english.chosun.com...

[edit on 5-8-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I have a feeling with the overabundance of US troops involved here, it will push North korea over the top. Too close to home, and following the yellow sea drills, as well as, the recent US joint drills, this might be a little too much to take...just my two cents

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Toss in the USS George Washington returning for drills in the West Sea, and I'd say you've got a sure thing.....wait till China finds out....

www.arirang.co.kr...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This is a brief snippet from letter in regards to this excersize....

2 August 2010
Ulchi Freedom Guardian
1. "Ulchi Freedom Guardian 2010 (UFG 10) is about to begin and each of you has an important role to ensure our success. The ROK - U.S. Alliance has successfully deterred aggression on the Korean Peninsula for 57 years and UFG 10 is another opportunity for us to work together and demonstrate our resolve to ensure regional stability".

www.usfk.mil...

new topics

top topics

join