It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurting the Homeless : What Would You Do In This Situation If You Were There...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
im surprised no one hit on the fact that the primetime experiment seems to have been done in a well to do neighborhood,

i wanna see this done in a ghetto now, or in a big city near a larger group of homeless individuals.

this appeared to be a small town with all white people.

lol i only said all white people cause i couldnt resist,

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Homelessness should be abolished, but unfortunately that wont happen anytime soon...We live in a pyramid top down society that is as frail as a house of cards when the tides change...And when the tides change the real is discerned form the fake. Take any group of humans from top to bottom, insert chaos/discord or homelessness as its called, make there circumstances similar in attrition. And watch what happens all of the sudden they become similar from the pompously rich to the poor in spirit and possession's. Then what are on average these kids and others like them only in there opinions, that strike with bats homeless people, regardless if they are lazy or scammers or have run on bad luck. The reason they attack is the same reason that most people don't notice the homeless... "Because they see them selfs in them, they are all to similar"...One group goes out of its way to not notice, another group notices and hates that society can be like this, and one day they to will most likely be homeless, there fear and hate guides them to attack and make it go away...Or at least make it seem that they are superior and the homeless bug wont effect them. But regardless I in all probability will help if I was near such an event...But one of my goals in life is to avoid the cogs of society, especially what people today call cities, even though for some reason I am gravitating toward such. Anyways this society is not for all it is a pyramid after all, cant have the top without the bottom... in fact the whole concept of metropolis is flawed. In fact they should put a disclaimer for when people move to such metropolises on the highways..."warning the cogs of this entity has a habit of running you over digesting you and spitting you out, if you falter or have bad luck."

I am wondering op have you ever seen a anime called "gantz" it has a strikingly similar frame as being homeless in it, the hopelessness of it all and the surreal nature of being totally lost and having no control. It even has some "bum basher's" in it that are the bad guys, and also aliens, if you ever have the time you should watch it, you could probably find it online on some sites.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
SKL,

Reading through this thread, a great one as usual!

Now, onto the seriousness of the topic. I would intervene if possible, after careful consideration.

Once, I without thought jumped into a situation to defend someone getting beat in a drive thru. After the fact, I realize I should not have, I had children in the car. So, with that said, think first, then defend.

The most memorable visit I had to a local bakery...I was in a hurry, working, hungry and wanted a sandwich. There was a homeless man that had been in the center for weeks, maybe months. I had given him money, and water. But after seeing him over and over, well I started avoiding him. On the day that I was in a hurry, I saw him headed straight for me. He was a tall man, very tall and large boned. He scared me, really...but he walked right up to me, looked me square in the eyes and said I am hungry. So, I said, "O.K. I'll buy you a sandwich. He walked right in with me, smelling like he did not belong in there. I took one look at the gals inside and they practically jumped over the counter. He looked at them and said, "I am hungry". They offered him a free sandwich, which was egg salad but was in a marked down pile on the counter. He walked over to the refridgerated counter, and picked out a big turkey sandwich.
I then told the gals, "I am buying him a sandwich". They looked at me like I was crazy...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
That is absolutely sick.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join