It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Government, Dimensional Portals and Dr. Wen Ho Lee: The Rest of the Story

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This is a quote from the NASA website.

Beam me up, Scotty!

9. The basic premise of teleportation -- made famous in TV�s "Star Trek" -- is theoretically sound. In fact, scientists have already �teleported� the quantum state of individual atoms from one location to another.

SCIENCE FACT.

As early as the late 1990s, scientists proved they could teleport data using photons, but the photons were absorbed by whatever surface they struck. More recently, physicists at the University of Innsbruck in Austria and at the National Institute of Standards and Technology in Boulder, Colorado, for the first time teleported individual atoms using the principle of quantum entanglement.

Experts say this technology eventually could enable the invention of superfast "quantum computers." But the bad news, at least for sci-fi fans, is that experts don�t foresee being able to teleport people in this manner.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Another interesting NASA project "NASA supported the Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Project from 1996-2002 to seek the ultimate breakthroughs in space transportation: (1) propulsion that requires no propellant mass, (2) propulsion that attains the maximum transit speeds physically possible, and (3) breakthrough methods of energy production to power such devices."

www.grc.nasa.gov...

Maybe they found it!!

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Yes this is truly a very interesting post I did have problems whith this link though
www.jps.net... Does it work for any one else?

If this is all true then it is defenatly worth digging into........I am going to put that on my list of things to worm out list.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i believe we do have the technology to time travel. if not then eventually we will find a way to do it. it goes w/o saying that it's a very dangerous technology. so ofcourse the govt is gonna hide it from the public. like everything else, they reveal it to the public yrssssss later, when the time is right. ppl long ago could never imagine man inventing cars, planes, tv's, computers or even think of going to space. it's the same with us today with time travelling. just imagine what u could do with this. who knows what the govt has done already to alter our history and future.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hash8
i believe we do have the technology to time travel.

Based on what? All I have ever seen is theoretical ideas of how it could be done that involve technology not likely to exist in our lifetime.

if not then eventually we will find a way to do it. it goes w/o saying that it's a very dangerous technology. so ofcourse the govt is gonna hide it from the public. like everything else, they reveal it to the public yrssssss later, when the time is right.

I really am not sure what you are referring to. The government is notorious for NOT being able to keep secrets long-term. Nukes were only secret for a few years, and we were sold out to the Russians a few years after that.

ppl long ago could never imagine man inventing cars, planes, tv's, computers or even think of going to space. it's the same with us today with time travelling. just imagine what u could do with this. who knows what the govt has done already to alter our history and future.

Well no, actually, science fiction has a pretty good record of imagining things which then come to pass: trip to the moon, submarines, the internet, etc.

I think if you are going to make such broad claims you should back them up with at least a few examples.

[edit on 28-5-2005 by opensecret1150]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by T_Jesus
Considering I've taken quantum mechanics and subatomic physics, I think I know enough to say that you misinterpretted what you heard. Yes, subatomic particles can travel faster than light when light is not in a vacuum. That is because light can be slowed down. In a vacuum, however, nothing can exceed light speed.

Thats how kirenchoff (sp?) radiation works isn't it?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
you can not travel faster then light when bound to the standard force of gravity, discontinue this bond and you will be free to travers the universe.

he sad they as using teh... so basiclly wth tech you can amp the gravty field.. light field.. or what ever.... which basiclly means.. time travle is not fake. 4-D dementions exist and even a 45-D demention

there can be as many Dementions as you want by simply playieng with the tech involved

-----

Lol t says this on nasa site

A question of gravity

There is no gravity in deep space.

SCIENCE FICTION.

If this were true, the moon would float away from the Earth, and our entire solar system would drift apart. While itÕs true that gravity gets weaker with distance, it can never be escaped completely, no matter how far you travel in space. Astronauts appear to experience "zero-gravity" because they are in continuous "free-fall" around the Earth.

lmao... would that mean that they would experance gravity on the ship if there is "air" inside it?.

[edit on 20-2-2006 by skywatcher7]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   

lmao... would that mean that they would experance gravity on the ship if there is "air" inside it?.

Lmao... Stay in school

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Considering I've taken quantum mechanics and subatomic physics, I think I know enough to say that you misinterpretted what you heard. Yes, subatomic particles can travel faster than light when light is not in a vacuum. That is because light can be slowed down. In a vacuum, however, nothing can exceed light speed.

Then what about the speeds of particles as they get sucked into a dying sun/blackholes?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by paul762

Originally posted by unbomber
How is this possible? It is IMPOSSIBLE to travel faster than the speed of light, and even if we could it would take 1000+ years to get across the galaxy. Theoratically it would be impossible.

sub-atomic particles can travel much faster than the speed of light.

Exactly. Good work paul762.

Think particle accelerator-fax machine - a kind of combination thing that destroys something in one place/time and simultaneously recreates it in a different one.

ed for wd

[edit on 20-2-2006 by soficrow]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Soficrow,

Your thinking about quantum teleportation ...

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Produkt
Soficrow,

Your thinking about quantum teleportation ...

Uh huh.

And your point is what? That complex systems cannot be reduced to quanta realities? Or that hypothetical discussion is not for public consumption?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarity
Einsteines Theory only states that you cannot accelerate too or travel at the speed of light, it makes no comment about things already travelling faster than the speed of light...

Good point. It also makes no limitations for artifically warping space time to travel IN EFFECT faster than light.
For your intents and purposes, you might be travelling at a snail's pace, but in relation to the rest of the universe, you are travelling faster than light...no real violation of Relativity that I can see there.

-Ahnikah

[edit on 20-2-2006 by ahnikah]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by hash8
i believe we do have the technology to time travel. if not then eventually we will find a way to do it.

Think about it for a minute. If you could travel back and forth in time, we would not be fighting wars for oil. Somebody from the future would've come back to solve the problems so they don't have to suffer from it. You can travel outside space and time but not back or forth in time. Not physically anyway.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

How is this possible? It is IMPOSSIBLE to travel faster than the speed of light, and even if we could it would take 1000+ years to get across the galaxy. Theoratically it would be impossible.

LOL if everyone thought like that we would still live in caves....

it was impossible to goto the moon
nukes
computers
fast cars
TV
Colour TV (picture in a box)
mobile phones

OMG almost everything today really LOL

So how is what he talks about impossible now

i dont think its impossible at all now days especially with the super computers the Goverments have........

technolgy we see is deff old tech as the amount of money being spent into technology is not showing any quantum leaps that it should be showing for the amount of money being put in.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hangover
Wow really interesting. Im interested on how much longer 'they' are able to hide their information and technology.

Its just sad that all these discoveries will be mainly used for military purposes in my opinion...

Nearly every new technology will first be examined/used by the military, if they find the proper application for it. A LOT of the technology that is common-place to us now, trickled down to us from the military. All new discoveries will go through the same process, and eventually come down to us. How long that will take, I can't tell you.
Actually you should be thanking the military for many of the electronics and technology items you get to use in the course of your day.
The only frustrating part is waiting for the new stuff to get out to us, the public,...and that depends on how long that technology keeps working to repell/destroy our enemies without their knowledge.
That's my opinion on the matter.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I was thinking about the whole possibility of time travel, which did come up, but seems to have widely been missed in this discussion. Sending people back through time raises many questions. I mean what about the possibility of temporal paradox? If someone is sent back through time, changes an event, then what? That event would have never happened, that person would have never been sent back to alter it. It confusing to think about, I know. And it also reminds me of Bill and Ted's excellent adventure. If you had technology to change something, all you'd need were intentions on doing something with it and theoretically, it would happen since in the future you would do it. Think about it, you want to open your lunch and see a Happy Meal instead of your lunch your wife made you. You go back through time in the future and put it there, so when you do actually open your lunch, it's there. Strange to think about...

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Ever tought of the reality that space and time can be bend?

take a pieze of paper, draw an A on the right side and draw a B on the left side.

now take one of the sides and bend it too the other so the space between the A and the B is gone

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
By the way, isnt the speed of thought much faster than the speed of light?

im not an expert on this, so dont bite me if i wrong

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodsyboy
Faster than light is not IMPOSSIBLE as someone said, it may be in this physical world, but we are both physical and non physical beings, if you can realise this then you will also realise that NOTHING is impossible.
Woodsy

Yes indeed, we have a physical body, and we have a astral body, now, im an expert in astral traveling and when i'm out of my body and astral travel, i can travel to other planets within a second, just by thinking of it...that is why i think speed of thought is much faster than speed of light like i mention in my reply above this one

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join