It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asia demand 'spurs 300,000 Brazilian shark kills'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Just to keep the fact that we, the human race cannot help ourselves in destroying Irrevocabley the world we live in..

There only sharks i hear some of you say but if 300,000 people had been wiped out in the world it would be a different story........... wouldn't it...!

At this rate we will actually have NOTHING left probably within our lifetimes !!!!

Demand for shark fin soup in Asia has been blamed for the illegal killing of nearly 300,000 sharks off Brazil, an environmental group has alleged.
It alleges that many of the sharks were thrown back into the sea after their fins were taken for clandestine export.

www.bbc.co.uk...

We will only realise when it's too late

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I couldn't care less.
Sharks suck. I hate them. I wouldn't care if they were wiped out completely. As long as the food chain could bump up other predators to fill in the gaps, and everything maintained a balance afterwards, i'd be fine just looking at pictures of them when they used to exist.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romans 10:9
I couldn't care less.
Sharks suck.
No, mammals suck, fish do not.

As long as the food chain could bump up other predators to fill in the gaps, and everything maintained a balance afterwards, i'd be fine just looking at pictures of them when they used to exist.
Not only is that very unlikely to happen (changes like that don't happen that quickly) you are forgetting other uses for any animal or plant, the study of how they "work".

There are two things that sharks have that I wouldn't mind having: they can replace their missing teeth without any problem and they are not affected by cancer.

Without sharks (or even the lowest life form that exists) we are always losing something.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romans 10:9
I couldn't care less.
Sharks suck. I hate them. I wouldn't care if they were wiped out completely. As long as the food chain could bump up other predators to fill in the gaps, and everything maintained a balance afterwards, i'd be fine just looking at pictures of them when they used to exist.

be glad there is no one above you in the food chain that feels the same way.

What other predators can be bumped up that would replce sharks? They are there for a reason.

top topics

join