It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any simple eaters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I like things simple. Less I have to worry or think about the better. I don't like making decisions so when it comes to food I get flustered. I prefer to eat what I need and not what I want.

So I ask you guys is there any simple eaters out there? How simple do you keep your diet, what do you eat? I know variety is the best but does anyone have a diet that gives them what they need to stay health, while keeping it simple and cheap?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

Hello seeingblue =)

I don't like simple things- & I'm absolutely picky when it comes to food.

I don't like eating out IF I'm not sure the people/restaurant- kitchen, etc- is VERY NEAT/clean and healthy.
lol

About diet- I love variety, I'm a vegetarian

But I detest cooking!!!!! grrrrr.

Anyway, when I have to do it myself...- it really works great- but it's out of duty, I hate HATE cooking-
so yeah. hahah

However sometimes I get the inspiration and make wonderful desserts.
Hmm but that happens every once in a year or 2.
=D

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm more less looking for food that can simply be eating, like veggies, fruit, nuts. I know all of those are good for you but I was wonder if anyone has done the work to take those types of natural edibles and use only those as a healthy balanced diet.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm not much of a cook so my diet isn't too complicated. As I get older and my motabolisim begin to slow down I have to closely watch what I eat. I've been forced to cut most breads from my diet because that's what's fattening. Cutting down on using grease to cook also helps me. I realize this is not a thread about losing weight, but diet and weight comes hand-and-hand.

The best diet is not eating one big meal a day, but three or four small meals for the day. Your body has a better chance of recycling the food in smaller amounts than filling up once in the day and the food clumping up and not digesting properly.

Simple diets are fine but leaving one food group out my make the fattening food build up and not process properly. Eating before you go to sleep is the biggest mistake people make. When you sleep your body slows down and doesn't digest properly. The food sits and turns into fat while sleeping.

I don't eat properly everyday, but I try to even it out every few days. They say breakfast is the best time to eat. This is because when you wake up your bodies motabolisim works over-time making up for the slow procesing when sleeping.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I like to keep things simple too. I don't like many foods and I like simple cooked foods.I prefer some legumes and veggies. I only eat peas,beans,potatoes,mushrooms,some veggies and a few salads like lettuce and gabbage for a meal at around 2-3 o'clock.I don't like to mix everything so I try to have one type of food at a time
Some dairy products the rest of the day. Meat is out of the question. I think it's best you find out what nutritients you need and put them in your diet by finding out which food you want and keep the same simple diet all week. That's what I do at least and seems to be working since I monitor myself once a year through blood examinations and I'm fine

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I think you might be looking for this It's called a macrobiotic diet and it's even recommended to help with some cancers

I had never heard of it until I saw Dirk Benedict (faceman from the A-Team) talking about it on TV

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I eat simply too, I only eat when I feel hungry, wash my hands before and after, make a prayer(in my mind) to the one infinite creator for blessing me this food and eat quietly with no reading at all(bad habit) whislt thinking that my food is nourishing my body.

-Naeem

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Cheap food does not equal healthy food.

Sucks, but it's true. The cheapest foods like breads and pastas are also the ones that contribute the most to weight gain. Same with drinks. Soda is cheap, but fattening and bad for the teeth. There's diet soda, but that doesn't seem much better.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I have a really simple thing I do for breakfast every so often.
Its VERY simple.

Cook an egg over easy but make sure you don't cook the yoke.
Throw some steamed asparagus on top,add a bit of pepper and eat.
The asparagus and yoke go together really well.

Egg,asparagus and pepper.

top topics

join