It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufos and the internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Richard Dolan has written a number of interesting articles on his site www.keyholepublishing.com. They address the issue of ufo information suppression by the media. He primarily addresses the traditional media, the big newspapers.

But with the internet we now have tons of competing "news" sources.

So whereas the tradtional media provides too little information on ufos, the internet, I find, is just the other extreme - too much information, and can also be detrimental to ufology. Anybody can set up a site and publish imaginary stories or just spread around fantastic conspiracy theories. Many of these stories just pick up like wild fire. (The Krill papers, a hoax posted by John Lear on ParaNet is just one of the earliest examples). Some people do it as a joke, others as deliberate disinformation, others as a hoax to make money (selling a book or a video).

People just surfing for information often get the impression ufos are for the wacky and leave it at that.

Thanks to the internet, those seriously interested can follow the development of the Mexican Military Ufo video investigation. This is certainly a good thing.

But finding serious stuff (and these is some serious stuff) is getting to be like finding a needle in a haystack, IMO.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I agree, it is very hard trying to seperate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to ufology. As more poeple become aware and start their own web sites any investigation just get's harder. Finding good site with credable and reliable information is the hardest part.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gzhpcu
(The Krill papers, a hoax posted by John Lear on ParaNet is just one of the earliest examples). Some people do it as a joke, others as deliberate disinformation, others as a hoax to make money (selling a book or a video).

People just surfing for information often get the impression ufos are for the wacky and leave it at that.

The Krill papers were not a hoax. The were an honest 'Estimate of the Situation' as perceived by me and Val Valerian. The story that they were a hoax came from Chris Lambright, a close friend, who I was telling about an interview Bill Cooper and I did for PM Magazine in Salt Lake City. Bill Cooper told PM Mag. that he had seen the Krill Papers while in the Navy. I got Bill alone and told him he was crazy that Val had written them less than 3 months previous to that interview. I further told him that the name O.H. Krill was my idea because Val didn't want to use his real name as he was then on active duty with the USAF. I told Chris that "Krill" came from CRLLL, an alien allegedly contact by the Pentagon in the middles 50's. And the "O.H." part was just made up. Chris then said to me "Then it was a hoax?" I said "yes" referring to the name O.H. Krill. Chris made the assusmption that I meant the whole document. I tried to contact Chris several months ago to clarify the situation and found that he had passed away last year.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Where can I find a text file of the Krill Papers? I would very much like to read them for the sake of curiosity.

PP

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Primateprod
Where can I find a text file of the Krill Papers? I would very much like to read them for the sake of curiosity.

PP

Just type O.H. Krill on your favorite search engine.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
[... I told Chris that "Krill" came from CRLLL, an alien allegedly contact by the Pentagon in the middles 50's. And the "O.H." part was just made up

This The origin &Meaining of KRILL site mentions that O.H. referred to "Original Hostage"...

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by senshido

Originally posted by johnlear
[... I told Chris that "Krill" came from CRLLL, an alien allegedly contact by the Pentagon in the middles 50's. And the "O.H." part was just made up

This The origin &Meaining of KRILL site mentions that O.H. referred to "Original Hostage"...

Val Valerian picked the initials O.H. out of thin air. Bill Cooper is the one that said they meant 'Original Hostage'.

CPL

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just an fyi to any readers who may care...

John Lear mentions above that I passed away back in 2002, which needless to say is a surprise to me :|

I'm still around...and while I like John and we did have some interesting experiences, I'm sticking to my story and what I was told about the Krill matter.

-Chris L.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Originally posted by CPL

John Lear mentions above that I passed away back in 2002, which needless to say is a surprise to me :|I'm still around...and while I like John and we did have some interesting experiences, I'm sticking to my story and what I was told about the Krill matter.

Chris, if this is really you I am very happy to hear from you. The last I heard about you was when I tried to respond to your criticism of me on the internet. I tried to email you and for some reason that email led to information that you had passed away. Just to confirm that it is you Chris:

(1) Who was Dale Goudie's 'angel' at the MUFON Conference in Washington, D.C. (1987)?
(2) Who did I spend the second night of the conference with?
(3) When we met in Albuquerque, what was the mission we were on and where did we go?

The only reason I am asking you to substantiate yourself is that is has been such a long time since we talked for no apparent reason. These would be easy questions for you (especially no.2 because it was so controversial).

If you are Chris, which I hope you are we are then going to sort out your charges on O.H. Krill.

All the best and hoping you are in fact "Chris Lambright".

john lear

CPL

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hi John,
Sorry to be so late getting back to this...I don't typically read forums these days and only got back here while clearing out some old emails. I'm still breathing though.

I don't know if I could give exact answers to one or two of these questions, but in the interest of having some fun:
A) Dale's 'angel"...not sure what you mean (unless you're referring to yourself).
B) Don't recall this one...did you stay with old Phil K or your daughter?
C) Crestone...with Linda squeezed in on the way back.

Anyway...I hope you've been doing well. Most of this is of interest only to historians now I suspect, and it's surprising to me that people still dredge up discussion of the Krill Memo. I never had any interest in it...don't even think I ever read it, though I saw a copy here and there.
If you want to reach me I still have the Socorro article on CUFON's website and my email address is there (rather than leave it here). Glad to know we're both still alive.
-Chris

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Ufo and everything you can't find in the mainstream media are covered all over the internet, without it I would never know that OOBE, paranormal things such as Sleep paralyzis or conspiracies related to 9/11 exist.
Some things may be covered by the media in your country, but certainly not here.

That's why I believe Internet was the major breakthru related to information freedom ever made.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Originally posted by CPL

Hi John,
Sorry to be so late getting back to this...I don't typically read forums these days and only got back here while clearing out some old emails. I'm still breathing though.

I don't know if I could give exact answers to one or two of these questions, but in the interest of having some fun:
A) Dale's 'angel"...not sure what you mean (unless you're referring to yourself).
B) Don't recall this one...did you stay with old Phil K or your daughter?
C) Crestone...with Linda squeezed in on the way back.

Anyway...I hope you've been doing well. Most of this is of interest only to historians now I suspect, and it's surprising to me that people still dredge up discussion of the Krill Memo. I never had any interest in it...don't even think I ever read it, though I saw a copy here and there.
If you want to reach me I still have the Socorro article on CUFON's website and my email address is there (rather than leave it here). Glad to know we're both still alive.
-Chris

OK. Well...you are Chris Lambright. Nobody else would know the answers to those questions. I don't know who told me you were dead but did you NOT die or did you rise from the dead?

Just out of curiosity what took you so long to get back to me?

The answer to A was correct. It was me and I didn't know it until you told me.
The answer to B was I stayed at Phil Klasses apartment that night and went sailing with him the next day.
C you got wrong but I am going to give it to you anyway. We met in ABQ to go down to Socorro, find Lonnie Zamorra and get him to confirm the insignia on the side of the craft for your painting.

all the best,

john

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
wasnt the internet created by the military?
i think the purpose of the internet is to gather information on people
though i could be wrong

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If anyone has a legitimate video, pictures, documents, and or other proof of UFO's and Aliens, the Interenet is the ideal vehicle to start the shock wave of information interest. With legitimate proof, there is no stopping the genie once its out of the bottle.

Unfortunately or Fortunately - depending on how you want to look at it - the Internet gets masses of eyeballs focused on materials posted as evidence VERY QUICKLY. Within HOURS not Days, Months, or even Years assesments can be qualified and reached.

Start with Five, ten , hunderds, up to thousands, then hundreds of thousands of people world wide can review the posted materials and test and research as the evidence is reposted propogating itself in various public forums the more it stands up to scrutiny. Well - if the so called proof or evidence is flawed and full of holes it will be prevented from reaching legendary status of cases before the Internet arrived.

There were subject like Serpo and John Titor that 20 years ago would have reached legendary Roswellian status - now they are simply foot notes of grand fiction that couldn't stand up to the mass of Internet scrutiny. Of course there will always be stalwarts that ignore overwhelming conclusions.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by nullster]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well, I think if you want to focus on legitimate exposure then I would lean towards concentrating on incidents that have the MIB attached to them. It would seem if someone is actually getting close to exposing something, the MIB always show up. Also, since they seem to "know all" and tend to get to people before they can do "damage", I don't think the internet would be any more help than anything else.

It's all just a theory on my part but I do believe that if an encounter case is big and true the MIB will be there. Who knows how many people have been terrorized by these "beings" and never speak a word to anyone. All those pictures taken and warnings issued. Possibly some have challenged the MIB and then poof! Another missing person.

All just speculation on my part but IMO if any of this is real then it does make a bit of sense.

I think I'm on topic in a roundabout obscure kinda way.

new topics

top topics

join