It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loss in the Family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
We got some very bad news yesterday. My wife's mom, after a four year battle with cancer, passed away. She had been very ill for so long that this is more of a release than a surprise, but that does not soften the blow for anyone. This is especially tough on my wife because she is an only-child and also lost her dad just this past February. Her friends, family, & I are doing what we can to be supportive, but none of us can imagine how hard it must be.

It's frustrating for me because I am stuck at home and can't be with her while she is out making arrangements and getting affairs in order. About all I can do is answer the phone and relay information. Sucks. I am a big fan of direct action, so this role does not suit me.

I'll probably be around the forums to take my mind off things, but I probably won't be actively participating until things settle down.

I wish everyone well. -Spectre

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I know we all have to deal with these things eventually, but it's never easy, especially as you get older.

I am sorry for your loss (although that sounds like the normal thing to say, I really do mean it). I wish you and your families the best in these times that tax your wife. I'm sure you being there will be the best comfort she has.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hey man, I really feel sad for you and your familly. Losing someone precious is never easy (believe me, I've been there too), but if their's a positive side to the story, at least her fight is over now.

I hope you and your closed ones are gonna be ok, I'll send good thoughts out for you guys. Remember, time will heal everything.

Keep your head up, see U later.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Sorry yo hear this, Spectre. I haven't been in your position before but I've been in your wifes. Sometimes she will want to talk, sometimes she won't and sometimes she'll just want you to listen. As an only child this must be huge to her. Just be there for her. I'm not religious but my thoughts are with you. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Thoughts Love and Prayers to you and your family.

I've been there recently myself and it's not easy at all.

I found that talking helped the most.

Best Wishes and God Bless.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Yo Spectra thats really sad to hear

My condolences to your family.

P.S still havnt spotted any UFO's over Hong Kong

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Thanks, guys. We will have all the formalities and services behind us by tomorrow night. My wife is devastated, as you might expect, but from here the only way is up.

top topics

join