It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is like the Dallas Cowboys...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Every year I get excited about seeing my home team play. A team that has plenty of weapons on offensive and a strong defensive front. A team that we expect to make the playoffs and come home with the Lombardi trophy. A team that has disappointed their fans for over a decade. With every other disappointing season we continue to hire a new coach to come in an make a huge difference and bring this team back to the their glory days. All I can do is hope we pick the right coach that can manage this team back to glory.

America is the same way:

We have the offensive showcase and a strong defensive front. Our military being the strong offensive while the citizens are the defensive front. Almost every American owns a gun and would go down fighting to protect our country. However, every year our leaders disappoint us and every four years we continue to pick someone who we believe will restore our country back to her glory days. We continue to pick the wrong leaders that abuse their military power and use them for their own agenda. These leaders want to disarm their own people and if it was not for the second amendment they would have done so already. Instead of returning our nation into a strong superpower, back to the glory days, they are dismantling her from the inside.

How long will we sit and watch our country fall apart by our own government?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bputman

Until everything is ran completely into the ground, unfortunately.

The average person will not do anything until their lives are personally affected.

You can expect people to take action once things start happening such as empty shelves at the grocery stores, police squads invading homes without warrants, free speech being completely stifled, etc...

As of right now, in the average American's mind, everything is fine.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
the fans are ignorant

I mean, they believe their team is so strong, but in reality, ... not really

(associate that the way you want to)

[edit on 2/8/10 by Faiol]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You need to calm down. You cant just boil the whole situation down to some idiotic sports analogy like that.

and I just about died laughing at this:

"Almost every American owns a gun and would go down fighting to protect our country"

Is that right? sounds like absolute and total bollocks to me, but what do I know? You obviously live in some apocalyptic US city I have never visited. Either that or you are talking #e. I suspect the latter.

I love your testosterone fuelled idea of taking over the world to show them whos best just like a football game thing, I'd love to know your plan of how you suggest we do it. Sounds great.

Do we really need to be a 'strong superpower' though? Why work towards that? shouldnt we work towards peace through understanding?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

Or it could just be that the team has been in a steady decline due to the ineptitude of the players, and no coach alive could fix it.

In nautical terms, changing the captain won't un-sink the ship.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bputman

What sort of deli tray will you be serving for game day, and are you buying tickets? The sports industrial complex, charging way too much money for fans to particpate is one of the things you should be fighting against. The average Joe cannot afford hundreds of dollars for tickets.

No football player deseves a multi-million dollar contract, at the expense of fans!

Sound familiar?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm just glad America isn't like the Philadelphia Eagles.

Then everything would be TOTALLY lost.

Gotta admire those Philly fans though; their delusion knows no bounds.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by angus1745
You need to calm down. You cant just boil the whole situation down to some idiotic sports analogy like that.

What whole situation was I talking about?

You misunderstood the point of the whole topic. It was not about comparing sports with America, rather seeing our nation restored back to our glory days.

A strong nation has a strong military.

and I just about died laughing at this:

"Almost every American owns a gun and would go down fighting to protect our country"

Is that right? sounds like absolute and total bollocks to me, but what do I know? You obviously live in some apocalyptic US city I have never visited. Either that or you are talking #e. I suspect the latter.

Where I live almost everyone you meet has a gun. I live in Texas and I know that many other people don't carry guns with them who live in other states. I take it you would not fight for this country after a statement like that.

I love your testosterone fuelled idea of taking over the world to show them whos best just like a football game thing, I'd love to know your plan of how you suggest we do it. Sounds great.

Where did I say we should take over the world? I do believe we should strengthen our military not over abuse it. Again, a strong nation has a strong military. This is mostly to protect their people in case of an invasion.

Do we really need to be a 'strong superpower' though? Why work towards that? shouldnt we work towards peace through understanding?

Looks like you have a plan. Let me know how that works.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You know, over the years, I have found out that the people who tell other people that they are "too weak too do anything about it" are usually the ones who are too weak to do anything about it themselves.

Now Im not making this personal, but you know what, at least the people
who say " we need to do something about this" are at LEAST entertaining the idea of trying to make a difference, while there are those out there who just sit back and criticize, and are likely the ones who will run at the first sign of trouble. I dont know, its just something that I have noticed with a lot of people, even people that I have met/know personally.

The same goes for some people who are always like "you aint going to kick his ass", then when they do scuff elbows, that person who said they wouldnt do anything, were the first ones to run off when their buddies were throwing down.

It may be easy to say "Yea, we should do something", but its a lot easier to say "You aint gunna do nothing".

There is a high threshold of tolerance that the people of this country have accumulated from being screwed over the past few decades, so high in fact, that we are almost willing to let most things slide because we have become so jaded to it; Although, there will be a point when the government crosses that threshhold, and when it does happen, there will be noone that will be able to stop it. We are near that threshhold right now, people are stocking up for the "big fight" regardless if you believe they are or not. It will happen overnight, you will wake up one morning, and you will have no choice but to face what you have mocked others for saying for years. You WONT be prepared, you WONT be mentally ready, and you wont get any help from those you laughed and scoffed at. This kind of passive attitude is HOW wars/revolutions/fights get started in the first place, by people mocking others for their own insecurities.

If you really believe that people of this nation wont fight for their freedoms, than you are as blind as those you accuse of being.
People will fight, all they need is a strong leader(a real leader), and some direction, the rest is downhill from there. So instead of worshipping the feet of those who dont give a damn about you, why dont you try worshipping those who are willing to fight for you?

Dont be one of those guys/girls, cause all you are doing is making matters worse by ignoring the true nature of the world around you. The government isnt for the people, the government is for the government.
The people are not for the government, the people are for the people.
There is an automatic conflict of interest between the two factions that can only end in a fight for power, the question is, which side will you be on?

All it takes is a little bit of courage, and belief in something greater than yourself.

Edi-One More thing- Go Dallas!

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
well Obama is a little like Troy Aikman from the rumors I hear...

but I loved the Cocaine Cowboys!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I like the analogy. Plus anybody not a fan of the Cowboys is a hater. Just like anybody that doen't like the USA hates America.

That is why the cowboys are america's team.....they're treated alike.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bputman

Well, since you bring up the football analogy, I have to ask, did you notice the NAME of that their trophy?
I bet you know what team I back.

Anyway, when will we do something? When the dollar goes nuclear. It is coming, we are currently at a point that deflation is occurring, even though trillions have been infused into the economy.

That right there will tell you the dollar is already done. If an economist wants to argue that point, I will take them up on it. The fed is GIVING banks money at 0% right now. Trillions have been dumped into the market, YET, prices are falling! Can anyone explain that to me?

GOD, I would love to go and see my Keynesian Economics professors and tell them I TOLD YOU SO!

When will it happen, when you go to the store to buy a loaf of bread and it costs a week's work. The ONLY thing keeping the dollar down is OIL. This is how it is controlled now. It is used to be tied to gold, now it is tied to oil. Manipulate the oil and mandate oil is to be tied to the USD, boom, you control the currency of the world. Why were things like hemp banned? Because certain products could be made from hemp which competed with oil. Oil is the control mechanism. Artificial scarcity, by pretty much making our entire society, based on one product. Look around you, what is prevalent everywhere you look, oil products, plastics, sythetics, clothes, etc etc etc.

I remember the brainwashing in school. The creation of polymers of oil. Wow, such an awesome invention. Problem is, composites were created decades before that lo and behold, no one could produce any longer cause they WERE BANNED. Wonder why that is? Could not be control could it?

Do not worry, the cliff is just ahead, either the people will demand change that actually happens, or we will all be Thelma and Louise.

[edit on 8/3/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

I'm just glad America isn't like the Philadelphia Eagles.

Then everything would be TOTALLY lost.

Gotta admire those Philly fans though; their delusion knows no bounds.

Agreed! If America were comparable to the Philadelphia Eagles we'd be in some serious irreversible trouble.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The saddest part is we will continue to do the same thing over and over until there is nothing left.

Very similar to a crack coc aine or heroin addict.

No one in our country (citizens) will ever do anything about it...no matter what. We won't get any further than putting out info ( like the 911 truth movement). That is all we will do and they know that. We are weak minded, impotent, slow and obese.

They could begin rounding your families up and executing them on FOX news and you or anyone else would not do anything about it.

That is just the plain truth.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by superluminal11]

new topics

top topics

join