It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Triceratops Never Existed?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I wish OP's would read articles properly first. I also wish respondents would research (ie check the validity of) what they read before replying.

Triceratops and Torosaurus both "existed" but are not separate species....anymore. As a consequence of the research Torosaurus will now be called Triceratops. This is not the only dinosaur that needs to be "merged".

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Damn, lousy, evil, fasciest scientists!

First, they took away my Brontosaurus and replaced it with the totally lame Apotosaurus, now they're going after the Triceritops?!!!

That's probably one of the biggest kid favorites of all time. These G-D scientists keep taking away my favorite childhood toys and reclassifying and eliminating them.

You just watch, they'll try to take away the T-rex next and when that happens, the public will finally rise up and say "Enough is enough!"

Then the scientist heads will roll in the streets!

Bwoohahahah!

Shoulda happened when they took away the Brontosaurus IMO!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Very interesting article. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Leave it to Jack Horner to be behind this new theory. He was always quite the maverick when it came to saurian paleontology.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Yea this happens a lot. For example, the raptors of Jurrassic Park never existed. They were custom made dinosaurs for the film.

Thanks for clearing out the ignorance.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
reply to post by nyk537

I'm inclined to agree.

It's almost like saying caterpillars don't exist, they are just young/early versions of butterflies (stretching for an analogy here).

The triceratops better not turn into the pluto of the Dinosaurs, I used to have so many of its figurines as a child!!!

Or even worse, the brontosaurus. Fred Flintstone can't very well eat an Apatasaurus Burger, now can he?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Nah. They are just trying to make T-Rex a wussie aka a scavenger.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

And you are obviously ignorant of the fact that even so it's only so much speculation. Short of observing the actual life cycle of an actual Triceratops that's all it is. Or had the Triceratops had no went extinct so long ago. As is paleontology as a whole really. We're working off a very incomplete record *the fossil record* by nature of how it takes certain special conditions for a fossil to even form.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
When you get right down to it, it would not surprise me any if a lot of these Dinosaur descriptions are wrong and we have them depicted in a complete opposite way than what they actually were.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I know I'm late. I just want to say that this is an interesting, whether you believe in it or not.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Looking at pictures of both, it makes sense to me that one could very well be the juvenile form of the other. Thanks for the post! I had to go check wikipedia & there is mention of this subject on there as well.Torosaurus

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
You know, it does not shock me one bit. We simply do know what we think we know about the Dinosaurs. It would not surprise me if we have many many others depicted wrong.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienGrey

We're trying to reconstruct centuries old bread from some of it's crumbs. It's to be expected. What amuses me to no end is when we assume what we think to be true now is some sort of gospel.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I say they did exist, an' the idea they're just a younger dinosaur is just silly...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Something just doesnt add up concerning large dinosaurs!
Recently in south america 70% of a new species of giant dinosaur was found. The herbivorous Futalognkosaurus.
This compares with on average only 10% complete finds of all other large dinosaurs.
Yet surprisingly experts can piece together the complete animal in entirety, the rest of the skeleton, muscle, skin type, and colour.
Even its environment and its role within it. It would seem alot of what paleontologists do is make educated
guesses using what we know from existing ecosystems. When watching a documentry on dinosaurs theres no mention of we "think it looks like" or "most likely ate whatever", no its all told as accepted knoweledge.
Well i dont accept it!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
To get the full article you have to subscribe. Does it say how long the life span is for these? Wouldn't it have to be long for these changes to occur?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join