It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merchandising Merchandising!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Where the REAL money is at

2012 the movie(32nd highest grossing movie of all time thanks to everyone)
2012 the survival kits
2012 the websites
2012 the books
2012 the documentaries(that only play on history channel, aswell as the ghost hunter and UFO crap with no credible scientists)
2012 the underground bunkers

Millions upon millions(might be an understatement) of dollars to be made from your fear mongering.

Seriously guys...
Stop it

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Mythic Chris]

Mod Edit: Removed all caps title

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yeah, but if something does happen all that money made will be useless.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45

Maybe they are sure that nothing will happen.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythic Chris

Originally posted by reesie45

Maybe they are sure that nothing will happen.
Well, until that day comes No one will ever know. Its really fun to speculate though.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Agreed OP, for what it's worth here's my thoughts on the matter.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I came into this thread expecting to see Yogurt from Spaceballs....
I was not disappointed

And yeah, don't believe the 2012 stuff without verifiable evidence. Anyone selling anything based on such a belief is yanking you for money, thats all. They may fully believe in it themselves, but that doesn't matter.

Now something weird that might be worth looking into that doesn't have ANY murchandising and NO ONE TALKS ABOUT ANYMORE would be that of the case of Micheal "Madman" Markum. Another example of this type of effect would be a story from someone I can't remember his name.

The story:

Back when I was about 14, something I had built did something I'd classify as odd.

The circuit was simple: the DC-DC inverter salvaged out of an old xenon timing light,
and one of those hoop-shaped UHF television antennas.

I hooked the inverter to 12 volts DC from a wall adapter,
and connected the high voltage/high frequency secondary to the two leads on the hoop.

Surprisingly, the crude device didn't short out and go up in a fireball;
and I could hear the inverter make a faint "whining" sound from the transformer laminations vibrating.

Somewhere along the line, I got the bright idea to stick something inside the loop and see what (if anyhthing)
would happen - I expected at most some magnetic oddity.

So I suspended an ordinary steel paper clip in the exact center of the ring with fine sewing thread,
and plugged the circuit in.

The paper clip developed a faint blue glow around it, and about ten or fifteen seconds in,
IT VANISHED, leaving the sewing thread dangling free. Where did it go?

What makes this so odd?

It's that when I reversed the polarity of the hoop (by doing the 'ol switcheroo of the two high voltage leads) and
repowered the thing, the paper clip reappeared on the thread amidst a faint blue corona like it had
the first time around.

The paper clip appeared to be intact, and did not change temperature or exhibit any obvious metallurgical changes.

So this leaves the question: Where did the paperclip go anyway?

Did it really "transport" to another physical location?

Did it slip through our spacetime and end up in some kind of subspace domain or interfold layer?

Did a quantum phase shift occur, putting it slightly out of phase with the dimension we exist in?

Did it end up in another quantum reality; ie. an alternate universe?

Or did it time-travel to some past or future point?

I think I can rule out a straight "transport" from one physical location to another;
for the paperclip would have likely fallen on its side during the first half of transport and reappeared
in a different physical orientation; assuming it reappeared at all.

It might also come back very cold (from being briefly exposed to space, should it have been transported there).

Time travel also seems suspect; a very similar effect might have been observed upon its return - again,
it might not even have been retrievable.

That still leaves the door wide open as to what may have happened to that paper clip after it
vanished from the wire hoop.

About two weeks after this experiment,
I came home from school one day to find the entire apparatus (which had been set up on a dresser)
quite thoroughly destroyed; and I've never been able to re-create these results nor did I ever find out
who smashed the piss out of it.

/end of story

It would be my guess that this has somthing to do with vibrating transformer laminations and by that I mean the sheets of inductor material vibrating in a certain way to make this happen. I mean, who has ever vibrated transformer laminations on purpose? Maybe this is one of the ways to create a vibrating flux field?

The disappearing act probably has to do with the properties of electromagnetic radiation.

And of course you need high voltage pulsed dc to keep a sort of "high pressure alignment."

What do you think?

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Elzon]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Elzon

This has nothing to do with your wacky story that lacks evidence and you might be in the wrong thread.

This thread is about those damn fear mongers buying into this 2012 nonsense.
Seriously, you are throwing your money at these people right now.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Elzon

This has nothing to do with your wacky story that lacks evidence and you might be in the wrong thread.

This thread is about those damn fear mongers buying into this 2012 nonsense.
Seriously, you are throwing your money at these people right now.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
People have been cashing in on things for a long time. Just look at Christianity and Jesus. Jesus is the top selling thing. Obama came in 2nd behind Jesus.

That is scary....on the Obama part.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
LOL i am buying a 2012 shirt. saw one online..

2012 i'm prepared are you?

new topics

top topics

join