It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy site conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hi All,

I want to share with you a conpiracy that I think needs to be raised.

Before I do I want to say that I am not directing this at ATS but all conspiracy websites in general.

Before I get started I want to share that I recieved a ban in the past for accusing ATS of attributing to the problems of this world by providing a medium for the issues to be raised but then restricting power to do anything about it eg. recruiting

- This ban was fair as I attacked ATS when they are simply trying their best to provide a safe medium to raise issues that is not going to result in them being held accountable for A "terrorist" uprising.

However the recent concern and in regard to the possibility that wikileaks may have released less damaging documents (From US gov POV) to save themself reraised this issue in my mind.

If any conspiracy website should uncover something so profound or so damaging that it gets infiltrated - how would we know? TPTB could eaily keep letting your every day conspiracies make the front page while quickly strangling any that are worth while to prevent them coming to the surface - and we would all be none the wiser.

I dont have the answer to this problem, but would like to know what you guys think and any suggestions you may have.

Thanks
Spyda

Edit to fix typos
Edit to add - please focus on the problem not my ban, i don't want to cause issues. I just think this issue should be something we should all contemplate collectively.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by byteshertz]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

If any conspiracy website should uncover something so profound or so damaging that it gets infiltrated - how would we know? TPTB could eaily keep letting your every day conspiracies make the front page while quickly strangling any that are worth while to prevent them coming to the surface

First off, how would anybody that has "infiltrated" a conspiracy site "strangle", as you say, a thread or issue? Wouldn't that mean they are either Mods or the site owners? And if they are, that wouldn't really be infiltrating, would it?

I want to share that I recieved a ban in the past for accusing ATS of attributing to the problems of this world

Second, you said you were banned from ATS. So what are you doing on ATS now?? New email, ip hider, etc.??

[edit on 29/7/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
So you and your thread may mysteriously disappear, but that would just confirm your conspiracy

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wassap

Well if he disappeared I wouldn't be very surprised since I thought once ATS banned someone they wouldn't let them rejoin...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Thanks for the reply, I was banned - I simply pleaded my case to the ATS staff and promised to be good and my ban was lifted.

By infiltrated I mean TPTB have ways as we all know of controlling things they dont like for example they could manipulate the ower in to letting them control the site with some very serious threats of making him dissapear. Im sure we all know that even the most strong willed of us could be silenced by TPTB if they shoud so choose

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wassap

Very true - when my posts in the past were disappearing I thought this was the case hence why I lashed out at ATS and was dealt with accordingly.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
have fun, your probably going to get another ban, even though you were very careful with what you posted. The truth is the majority of high volume conspiracy forums are databases of information contributed by people in the know (no I do not mean YOU ATS, plz don't ban me), and they are searched and analyzed by a microscope (not rly), cross referenced, indexed with ip addresses, country of origins, personality profiles, likelihood of dissidence, ect to gain all glimmers of knowledge contributed by us to help the oppressor (TPTB) keep oppressing the oppressed (US?), if that makes any sense. Computer algorithmic models and programs have been created and used chiefly for this intelligence gathering and this is the true evil of many conspiracy blogs, websites, and forums is where the individual can contribute to his own demise, if you will.

Really the scary part are the programs and computer models able to scan MASSIVE quantities of the written word for all types of relationships and references; relationships between ideas, themes, locations, you name it all categorized and cross-referenced to find the enemies, the true threat a truth seeker with action, or well informed parents breeding and training the next-generation of light-bearers. Technology has been used against the peons, the crulls, the slaves; to further oppression and economic debt enslavement. There was a thread yesterday about this very idea, that even with moore's law and the doubling of computational power, we have MORE corruption, more human rights violations, more veiling of the economic debt enslavement pyramid. It should have freed us! Made the economy see-through, all transactions should lead to there source, not dead-ends and voids of cyber-space. Money laundering and ponzi schemes should be virtually impossible, but no the microscope is on us people, believe it.

oh btw, fear fear fear fear fear, apathy apathy apathy apathy.
You mind should be running all the time, do not attempt to find peace or solace in nature or the natural world, do not try to stop the facet of your egoic mind construct, you will not find solace here.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz
reply to post by wassap

Very true - when my posts in the past were disappearing I thought this was the case hence why I lashed out at ATS and was dealt with accordingly.

Posts on conspiracy sites should never ever be deleted... just moved into a trash, spam, trolling, or hoax category depending on what it is. Nobody should just announce a conspiracy for the first time on a random conspiracy site for the reasons you outline. Rather, they should tell a select group of friends and have them spread the word should something happen to him or her. Only after that should the information be released on the website. Therefore, if the post is deleted it won't be a big deal. You just go to other conspiracy sites or if that fails use ordinary word of mouth, email, etc. So no, it isn't a good idea just to put entire faith and credit in any one conspiracy website.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Hey, thanks for your feedback. I would like to draw on what you said for a possible solution. You said tell friends first - well obviously that helps prove that you are not crazy to your friends but it doesnt get your message across to the others. The 2nd thing you said was that posts on conspiracy sites shouldnt be deleted.

Taking these 2 ideas a bit further: Obviously problem posts need to be removed from the websites as not everyone wants to listen to trolls 24/7 but maybe the system of conspiracy websites could have a function added that would act as public log of all threads created - this would never be modified, so if something did disappear from the site and log people would know something is up.. but then ofcorse they would struggle to tell others.. hmm more thinking required

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
are we free on saying what we like or are we slaves ???????

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I think that it is fabulous that they know what we know because we tell them that we know; so instead they do the opposite so as not to look so obvious! LOL

I am talking about the Evil in the World, not ATS!!!

I really did not want to join ATS for years specifically because I did not want to find myself on a list; but then I embraced the fact that I have been on that list for most of my adult life.

As a matter of fact, when I was a child I was evaluated by a Military Psychiatrist and he told my parents there is something dreadfully wrong with me! That was probably the first entry in my Dosier.

I say Boo! Boo to TPTB, yeah you! We see you! We know what you are planning! LOL

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by alex1980

i believe the corporate response would be you are free to be free*

* subject to terms and conditions

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I can't believe you were banned for that. This is a conspiracy site, and IMHO the mods should just let it be and know that it will work itself out (I'm sure the OP would get flamed like crazy). I'm pretty convinced ATS is NOT controlled by TPTB. However, there are some pretty damn paranoid people on here, and by banning them and deleting there posts, that will further convince the paranoid schizos that ATS is indeed controlled by TPTB or up to no good.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It is very apparent that government agencies do watch and record what is written online in forums. In recent past 3 members from ATS have ended up on the anti defamation leagues report with the ADL using out of context post. After reviewing the report I am pretty sure they monitor the chatter and you most likely get put into some file depending on severity of your comments also it would be very easy for them to know exactly who you are by your Ip address.

top topics

join