It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chow Down, Wide Loads - Just HOW disgustingly FAT are Americans? Pretty fat.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
So many people falling for the Russian propaganda these days... (aka the NWO).

I really need to make a thread on Russia, but I believe my Conspiracy Hypothesis so much I'm afraid to do so.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
thought I would throw this in on a brighter note. I worked with the english language program at my local university this summer, when I asked one of the vietnamese study abroad students what she found to be surprising about the USA, she said that she was surprised most of us were not mortally obese. I couldn't help but laugh, neither could she, but apparently most the world thinks 90% of us are too fat to run a couple miles.

I am in complete agreeance though, we can blame everyone and everything we want, but it boils down to self control. Life in the USA is so easy going that many just don't care about being physically fit enough to be healthy.

Life goes on, and I believe the theory of natural selection will eventually come into play. Rampant diabetes, heart failure and other complications will be killing off people in droves in the coming years. The fast food generation is getting older, and when they hit 50 they will start to drop like flies unfortunately. The sad part is, people are so down about their crappy eating habits that they forget they can change for the better on a dime. Walking/running a couple times a day, hell once a day, and eating moderately and intelligently can be put into practice at any time. If an individual happens to possess the drive and will to do it, they can go from 900 lbs to 200 lbs in a matter of months, extending their life expectancy and setting an example for others to follow.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
i'm 55, i weigh the same as when i graduated high school. 6 ft-165.
i go to the store and make my way around huge people who can barely move
most of them go round in some electro cart. i cant even imagine how a body could get so large.
soda pop is one of the worst things you could put in your body.
meats are mostly filled with crap. theres scoops of sugar and salt in most processed
foods, and by all means deep fry it in oil..gaak.
then smoke and resume television programming- the sicker you are the more money they will make off you. diet books and pills and exercise programs and gear.
i dont come from a magic gene pool, i dont "exercise". i drink 6 pack a day
and am crippled up with fibromyalgia..but i dont sit and stuff my face with junk.
and i move and stretch as much as possible...
i dont see how people allow themselves to be such sorry specimens.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

You make some really valid points and yes, I did notice the change in count that defines a diabetic, now my friend is frantic because of one point,

and yes, the pharmaceutical companies cannot be trusted, you should start a topic.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'm 6'5" and weigh 224 pounds and apparently I am considered over weight according to the BMI calculator that I used.
I'm actually pretty fit, I run 2 miles every couple of days, and do weight training on the days in between, I have quite well defined stomach muscles etc.

I almost never eat fast food, and will usually cook things from scratch out of raw unprocessed ingredients.

So it seems that taking a BMI calculation and using it to prove that people are fat or unhealthy is not really telling the whole story.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

the BMI is a decent reference for those with no strength training. 6'5 and 225 sounds pretty in shape to me. I spar with guys who are 6'6 275-285 and can run 10 mi on any given day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join