It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hi all, Ive been reading alot in this forum(s) and thought i would say hi as its my 1st time posting, im from the UK and have noticed some strange things the past few nights - I have a few questions if thats ok with you on that could hopefully be answered :-

Here goes....

1)we have had some really clear nights this week in the uk and have yet to see the moon rise at all during me being up (usually till about 3 am as im on holiday) no seen it at all, not even a moon glimmer on the horizon, nothing, does anyone know what time the moon rises here in the uk in this time (i like astronomy but not researched any of that stuff at all - i know i should and probably get flamed for that) unless its the time of year when the moon doesnt rise at all, i have no idea, can someone help me out on this

2) The cloudy nights we have been having (tonight being one of them, its 11:20 ish pm here and we have a cloud cover, and its a mighty red, all over, not where the sun set awhile ago but everywhere - I have a camera and could take a piccy, but i have no idea how to set my camera up for a night time camera shot - is this also a usuall occurence in the uk at this time as last night i woke up with a wierd feeling and looked outside and the clouds were all red (i went to bed pretty early last night so when i woke up it was about 3 am and the clouds were all red still - now this sometimes happens when the sun sets to give that reddish look (red sky at night shepherds delight etc) but not at that time surely ?

i know im just paranoid n all with all these posts and stuff with all the impendind doom people have posted but im just curious en all and would like some replies on what ppl think

Thanks

Your Newbie here,

Scaart

PS:- i dunno if i have posted this is the correct forum, if not can you kind mods please move it to the correct one :-)

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hi.firstly the moon still there.secondly sun rises at 4am so you will red clouds as sun rises hense red sky at morning shepards warning.
If you have an SLR camera you need to keep shutter open for at least 5-6 seconds on a stand as camera shake will distorte pic.digital will ome out crap

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hi Weirdo,

Thanks for your reply, i know the moon is still there, just not showing its face in the UK, ive ready some stuff regarding the orbit of the moon and its change and maybe its gone a litte skewiff not to place it mark in our sky, im merely curious, as for my camera i have a canon powershot a60 and a tripod and the sky is still red

anyways,

thanks for your reply

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I`m looking out my loft now looks dark to me.Do you live near large city poss sreet lighting.Sorry info on the moon is constantly being posted.Spoke to an ameatur astronoma (Crap spelling) who was photographing venus across the sun when told him some of the post`s on hear his reply was to laugh a say they obviously don`t know how to track it.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Thanks again for your reply, its just me probably, thinking of the worst from reading stuff on here

i live fairly close the a city (manchester) and to the penine mountains though usually light pollution would also play a part in it, its just all over here, and from my window i can see the start of the mountains way off in the distance, its my mind working overtime no doubt

just thought i would post my thoughts

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Maybe you just got bloody good eyesight

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Here's a great web site. Just plug in your information and you will get all the information that you need.

Heavens Above

top topics

join