It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEDS turn to "Oil is Vanishing" Talking Point

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

The oil slick in the Gulf of Mexico appears to be dissolving far more rapidly than anyone expected, a piece of good news that raises tricky new questions about how fast the government should scale back its response to the Deepwater Horizon disaster.

The immense patches of surface oil that covered thousands of square miles of the gulf after the April 20 oil rig explosion are largely gone, though there continue to be sightings of tar balls and emulsified oil here and there.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
More like sinking; but when you repeat the lie enough...

Out of sight out of mind; they've done the same thing with the facts for dozens of administrations, this won't be the last.

[edit on 7/27/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Thank you for this report will definitely have to keep an eye on it. I wonder if anyone could get a report and see if the areas of oil suspended at the different thermal layers are still the same size or if they are dissipating/growing in turn with the surface oil. Hopefully mother earth will be able to recover from this faster than we expect. She is quite resilient after all.

cheers

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I've been waiting for a few months to kind of wrap my head around the problem before commenting, I don't know how bad it truly is.. if it's exaggerated or downplayed.
I guess we'll see during the coming months, the picture will get clearer.

I can think of two possible explanations for the oil seemingly disappearing.
The most obvious one would be Corexit 9500 sinking the oil.
The more exotic explanation would be the use of secret technology, although I know of no evidence of this.

I'll keep riding the fence until we get a clearer picture of what is going on..

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Paradigm2012

At the start of this, there were many qualified people explaining what would happen who were ignored here. Ignored because people WANTED to believe some end of the world scenario. This is ATS.

One interesting and qualified person making the rounds explained that the oil degenerates into non-toxic compounds in about 70 days leaving tiny tar balls that are then mostly consumed by naturally occurring microbes. There are multiple natural seeps in the Gulf that have likely been leaking since before the Pilgrims hit Plymouth Rock. Tiny tar balls have been showing up on the beaches in the Gulf all along. Even the Governor of Mississippi mentioned it in an interview.

Of course such things got buried under the weight of radioactive volcanoes and oil being in huge voids that will collapse and wipe us all out with huge tsunami's. Why discuss the truth after all, when any fabricated wild theory will do? The facts are not nearly as fun.

By the way, those who worked on the Valdez Spill are not all dead and in fact some are helping in the Gulf. I thought that should be mentioned also.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I've heard that this would happen. If they had indeed struck a 'black smoker' and tapped a few wells in the area, it would appear to be much worse than it actually is.. and would disappear when it suited them I was fragged by everyone I mentioned this too, but what I was expecting has happened.. so.. meh. The whole bloody thing is one big illusion, why expect anything more or less?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I see in all of the discussion that the one thing everyone should have realized is just swept away.

There is a thing called abiotic oil theory.

Now, do not think about the fact that this oil is say 22,000 feet below the surface. Or deeper.

Look into the abiotic oil theory. One of the hypothesis's is that fossil fuel cannot be found at that depth.

I think this is the biggest thing still being hid in plain site.

Oh no, oil is scarce. Oh no, resources are scarce. Oh no, we are at war over oil, that is a blatant LIE. We are at war for the same reason war has always been fought. CONTROL of said resources especially the people.

See my latest thread about human's as capital.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
If they had indeed struck a 'black smoker' and tapped a few wells in the area, it would appear to be much worse than it actually is.. and would disappear when it suited them I was fragged by everyone I mentioned this too, but what I was expecting has happened..

If you were fragged it wasn't here on ATS because you made no mention of it in any of your posts. I could have used your support

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
no oil=no oil spill in the first place... the whole thing was a false flag operation...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
also here:

www.bbc.co.uk...

all seems very odd..if oil can be eaten by organisms this quickly why the spraying of corexit..why do people have to help to clear these things up in the first place?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It's called DISPERSANT. 8 million barrels spilled and now they can't find any? Uh.. yeah. That's all folks? Moronic

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Bonified Ween]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
ha- i knew they'd spin this just like 9-11. now where do i sign up
to be one of those crazy truthers that think it was an inside job and
theres a cover-up?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Disappearing oil? Please, did someone hire David Copperfield and I just missed it or what? Unless you believe in magic, the oil is still there it's just out of sight. Looks like the dispersants have done their job and now that the oil is out of sight, we can all fall back in love with Big Oil.

I am a commercial fisherman on the gulf coast of Texas and every time I turn around, Texas Parks & Wildlife is cutting my daily limits because they have determined that seafood resources are being depleted due to "Overfishing." Just this year they cut my daily limits, as well as my income, in half.

Let me help make this picture a little clearer. There are less than 100 commercial "finfish" fishermen licensed in Texas and there are over 27,000 oil wells in the gulf. Now I ask you, is it possible that our depleted seafood supply is due to over drilling as opposed to over fishing?

The particular species that I fish for is the "Southern Flounder." It is a known fact that flounder must go to the Gulf of Mexico every Fall in order to lay their eggs and they return to the bays in the spring. (Flounders need the pressures found at depth in order to help them squeeze out their eggs, they cannot do this in the shallow bays.) So, what is the real cause for seafood depletion?

Where I live in S. Texas, we still get tar balls from the Itox 1 spill which occurred in the bay of Campeche in the late 70's and that spill was nowhere near the magnitude of this one.

Take my word for it, we will be feeling the effects of this oil spill, as well as all of the dispersant and anti-freeze dumped in the Gulf, for generations to come. If you allow the Big Oil interest to persuade you into thinking that everything has been fixed, then we are doomed to repeat this disaster over and over again.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
you know, everyone keeps talking about how corexit is 'sinking' the oil, which it is, but it is also dispersing it. It's a dispersant. Its what it does.

It IS toxic. It is indeed being abused by BP to sink the crude. But it DOES also break the oil down.

That IS it's primary purpose of design.

It does NOT just make the crude just drop to the bottom of the sea floor, as some here seem to think .

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
you know, everyone keeps talking about how corexit is 'sinking' the oil, which it is, but it is also dispersing it. It's a dispersant. Its what it does.

It IS toxic. It is indeed being abused by BP to sink the crude. But it DOES also break the oil down.

That IS it's primary purpose of design.

It does NOT just make the crude just drop to the bottom of the sea floor, as some here seem to think .

So the dispersant is sinking the oil. Is this a fact? Then I guess the 8 million gallons are on the sea floor. I don't see the point of this question, or subject.

I agree with the fin species fisherman, and strongly. 100 commercial fisherman and 27 K wells? The floor has got to look like a scrapyard, all over the place. I suspect that this collection of metal and garbage, probably under ten feet of dispersant, affects our seafood. I am having a hard time right now imagining a BP rig worker, or any rig worker, actually using a trash can. BP saved a lot of money with the core-effs-it and we can wait for the experiment results, which take time, to fill out fresh actuarial tables, using human data.

It's starting to sicken me. the gov is poised to tax us right down to sticks of firewood (and city tattle tales are being encouraged to report neighbors) we use to add a little spice and atmosphere and warmth to our nights, and yet a corpulent pig of a corporation can sweep it under the rug.

The end game is still carbon credits. The leak just helped skew data, and I suspect that they are letting gas and oil gush all over the place down there because it's just far enough to sea that it won't directly impact land, such as with the valdez.

You guessed it. It's a conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

join