It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tug boat hits well causes new gusher in Gulf

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
Just Wondering, it DOES NOT happen "all the time" here. Quit running BS

Fox has picked up the story & now it's a tug OR workboat that hit it

www.foxnews.com...

these kind of freak accidents do happen all the time in the gulf.
www.google.com...=gulf+of+mexico+boat+accidents+history&hl=en&tbs=tl:1&tbo=u&ei=VQ5PTJ2KMIL_8AaCufzUDQ&sa=X&oi=timeline_result&ct=title&resnum= 11&ved=0CEIQ5wIwCg&fp=5c46de3083429799

[snip]

Mod Edit- Courtesy is Mandatory

[edit on 27-7-2010 by elevatedone]

link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
this happens all the time in the gulf, you people are just hearing about it because of the BP incident, had it not been for the BP incident you would never have been the wiser nor would you have given a damm about some tug boat hitting an oil well in Louisiana.
go back to your normal lives of watching sports, reality tv and fighting over politics, the gulf was fine before you came along and will be fine long after you lose interest.
damm hippies.

Why would you say move on watch tv bla bla bla. There was no substance to your post. Why post anything?

This is the WORST man made disaster I have ever lived to see.

There is something wrong here, we need people to look at whats really going on.

link   
reply to post by kozmo

You realize that we have 1000's of vessels out there now, due to BP & that many of the captains/pilots are not very familiar with the navigable waters in the gulf.

Accident do happen & this is unfortunate, but I seriously doubt that there is some "evil conspiracy" to destroy the GOM

MMS should require every single well hole to be marked, but it's quite obvious now that they have not been doing a good job at all, for many, many years.

The "good news" There should be a downhole safety valve in place. If an old well, and insert safety valve. By law, there has to be a safety valve in a production well for just this contingency. You have to pull an insert valve every six months, redress and rerun back in the hole.

Unfortunately, we don't yet know if this proper procedure was followed either, again - MMS oversight issue.

[edit on 7/27/10 by redhatty]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
this happens all the time in the gulf, you people are just hearing about it because of the BP incident, had it not been for the BP incident you would never have been the wiser nor would you have given a damm about some tug boat hitting an oil well in Louisiana.
go back to your normal lives of watching sports, reality tv and fighting over politics, the gulf was fine before you came along and will be fine long after you lose interest.
damm hippies.

Well looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of genuine concern, lol.

Thanks for telling us all how we actually feel, I am sure you would know better than anyone being God and all.

Since when did hippies like sports?

- Lee

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

did you even look at the links your query came back with? Plane accidents, boat accidents, lots of the Deepwater Horizon.

Last GOM oil spill accident was Intox II

Try again

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
There is a few news sites reporting on this.....their source...MSNBC.

Something doesn't seem right here.

Oil has made it there from the gulf anyway

news.nationalgeographic.co.uk...-oil-reaching-marshes-w ide_20690_600x450.jpg

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Ah come on, and this not orchestrated?!!!

Who believes this crap anymore?

edit removed some angry stuff.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Thank you! You've echoed every single point I was trying to make!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Boating accidents or Boat accidents that cause an oil spill?

Not really the same thing you know.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Hmmm...your Google search link didn't work...though I can see what you were searching and I tried to see for myself just how often these types of accidents happen in the gulf of Mexico...and after about 30 minutes of searching with different variations to your search, I had found one or two vague news stories...so please, instead of just rambling on with BS and links that don't work, let alone bring up useful results, just take your disinformation some where else because it's becoming quite tiring...

[edit on 27/7/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Time to start an “The ‘Up to the Minute’ Tugboat Bashed Well Head Live Discussion Thread.”

That should keep em busy for another 3 months

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What a bunch of crap. And what an amazing coincidence that no boat has ever hit the well head before until now, at the worst time ever. WTF is going on? What are "they" trying to do?!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
So there are no gps monitoring devices on the boats/ wells where an alarm will go off when approaching to close to well??

[edit on 7/27/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

that sounds like an excellent idea. I wonder why, in this age, that boats dont "upload" everyday or something, current data on all obstructions, well heads, sand bars, things of the sort.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

maybe the hybrid humans that aliens created can not live
long with this human environment they need to cut down
oxygen and warm up the planet whats the best way to limit oxygen ?
mess with the environment

yes i do have a interesting creative mind

[edit on 27-7-2010 by aspx]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Another one? My God!
A week ago it was China's big spill.
So odd how they are all stacking up!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Interesting. I wonder who would stand to benefit if there was another oil spill in the Gulf that could make it difficult to determine the extent of the damage from the Deepwater Horizon leak? Oh, that's right. BP would.

Wouldn't an incident like this be great for BP? "Oh, that oil? That's from that OTHER leak over there. You know, the one we had nothing to do with. That was a completely unrelated boating accident".

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmo740

JustWondering has this strange need to tell us how much of a non issue anything that has to do with the Gulf "spill" is while making a huge issue about how much of a non issue it is. It's JW's MO. It's getting old. The link provided by JW to prove to us how often this sort of thing happens doesn't even prove anything except that boat accidents happen all the time, which is a no brainer.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think it's pretty funny. Seems like something Homer Simpson would do. I wonder if the operator of that tug boat said Doh!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Boats hit abandon wells all the time its nothing new. It just hapens that this time it resulted in another oil spill.

I have worked in the GOM for 10 years on all diffrent types of vessels. Given the number of vessels out there eventually someone will run into somthing.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well we are already dealing with this major leak that continues to leak, we don't need anymore oil leaking from anywhere. So it is a big deal. If they are so easily torn up, it just shows what idiots are in control of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join